PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Diesel Help Needed!!!

PHodgson
10-13-2008, 12:38 PM
Hello Everyone,

I've been lurking in the background on this site for a fair few weeks, taking in all the information and after a few false starts (mostly due to using polycarbonte parts that cracked) I have now built and installed a generator based on the Smack booster plate setup. I've also built a control panel with basic PWM and LCD ammeter so I can see whats going on and keep the generator producing 1 litre/m at 22amps. There are two 1"(25mm) bubblers, one with distilled water and one with fine mesh and distilled water/vineager (after reading Prof. Smithys warning).

The system is all installed and working reliably but after 500 miles and 3 mpg check I haven't got any positive results. Here are some facts:

1. The generator produces 1 litre/m at the point where the hose enters the air duct.

2. It is on a 1.9 litre turbo diesel with intercooler (Peugeot 306) and the gas enters a plastic duct 300mm before the turbo i.e. air filter/low pressure side.

3. There is negative pressure (suction) at the point where the gas enters the duct. Only slight on tick over but loads with the throttle open.

4. Being a diesel there is no exhaust sensor so no EIFE required.

5. The gas is definately explosive.....I lit a bottle full......BIG bang.

I know 1 litre/m is not a huge amount of gas but the engine is only a 1.9 litre so surley it should be plenty, even for a diesel.

Is anyone else using HHO successfully with an intercooler?? I wondered if the high pressure from the turbo and cooling might have an negative effect.

Can anyone else think of anything else for me to try or something I have missed???

Thanks,

Pete

resago
10-13-2008, 02:35 PM
have you noticed any power increase?

PHodgson
10-13-2008, 03:52 PM
Maybe slightly but it's hard to know if that's because I'm looking for something. If I had increased power and didn't change my driving style I should be getting better MPG??

resago
10-13-2008, 03:53 PM
nope.
Your foot needs to be reprogrammed:D
also, timing can be adjusted a bit as well.

hg2
10-13-2008, 03:59 PM
You mat need more than 1 lpm,the results I've seen with 2 liter motors(diesel or ice) have been with using 2 lpm or more.

PHodgson
10-13-2008, 05:36 PM
You mat need more than 1 lpm,the results I've seen with 2 liter motors(diesel or ice) have been with using 2 lpm or more.

Thanks hg2.

Have you seen good results with turbo and intercooler on a 2 litre diesel??

hg2
10-13-2008, 06:01 PM
Thanks hg2.

Have you seen good results with turbo and intercooler on a 2 litre diesel??

Off hand I can't recall anyone using hho on that particular vehicle.
I'd try Resagos advice with a timing adjustment for sure.

hydrotinkerer
10-13-2008, 07:02 PM
On my 5.9l diesel it didn't really wake up till I started pushing more than 1lpm.

Smitty
06-03-2009, 10:35 AM
[QUOTE=PHodgson;16261]Hello Everyone,

I've been lurking in the background on this site for a fair few weeks, taking in all the information and after a few false starts (mostly due to using polycarbonte parts that cracked) I have now built and installed a generator based on the Smack booster plate setup. I've also built a control panel with basic PWM and LCD ammeter so I can see whats going on and keep the generator producing 1 litre/m at 22amps. There are two 1"(25mm) bubblers, one with distilled water and one with fine mesh and distilled water/vineager (after reading Prof. Smithys warning).

So what kind of setup were you using with the polycarbonate- a gas4free setup? do you know what happened to it to make it crack?

Also I've had my druthers about where to install on my 5.9 cummins dodge-if I put the hho hose pre turbo it'll have to filter all the way thru the intercooler & around the piping to get into the engine-I'm thinking it may dissapate before it gets all the way around to finallly getting into the engine...... Also if I put it any closer it'll have to flow past the grid heater "glow plug" type setup=BANG! :eek:

anyone else ever installed in a cummins? If so wheres the best place to put the tube in??
thanks