PDA

View Full Version : No electrolytes, low amps, high volts, no bubbler, and pulse module best way to go?

pj91gsx
10-12-2008, 03:01 PM
I know a guy that is using, low amps, high volts, and a thing to make the electricity pulse, no electrolytes and no bubbler. Is that the best way to go? He is getting 27 mpgs on a ford ranger, previously getting 17 mpgs.

hg2
10-12-2008, 05:16 PM
I know a guy that is using, low amps, high volts, and a thing to make the electricity pulse, no electrolytes and no bubbler. Is that the best way to go? He is getting 27 mpgs on a ford ranger, previously getting 17 mpgs.

Got any diagrams and other info like what he's using voltage type and how much,amps,type generator number of plates and what configurations,this would help to give an accurate answer.

sumdude
10-12-2008, 05:34 PM
"This thread is useless without pics". HOWEVER, i don't believe thats efficient at all as said numerous times electrolysis is efficient at about 1.2d volts. BUT, get some pics as well as other info and post. :)

pj91gsx
10-12-2008, 07:48 PM
ok. I will see if I can get a chance to actually meet the guy and find out more info but for now, I already posted all the information that I know. My friend met this guy and saw his setup.

Tremorfalcon
10-15-2008, 10:05 PM
I don't see how it can work with no electrolytes unless he is using tap water which will have minerals and such in it which will act as electrolytes. I just put in some distalled water in my generator today and hooked up the battery charger to it. Even at 14.5volts and 200amps setting, it didn't produce a single bubble.

I'm not saying his set-up is completely false, he might have discovered a good set-up. I'm just saying that 100% pure water (distilled) will not conduct electricity.

pj91gsx
10-15-2008, 10:17 PM
the key is low amps high volts. Stanley meyer made a car run on water by using the same methode without electrolytes. He also uses a module to pulse the electricity.

DigitalMocking
10-15-2008, 10:58 PM
the key is low amps high volts. Stanley meyer made a car run on water by using the same methode without electrolytes. He also uses a module to pulse the electricity.

A car that ran on water that no one can reproduce or explain how and why it worked beyond some grainy videos. Someone either needs to reproduce it or people on the internet need to stop posting about it. Stanley Meyer was a fraud. He was sued for being a fraud, so don't hold his mystical perpetual motion machine up as any kind of example.

I'm all for new ways of thinking, but it really doesn't matter what kind of voltage you use, making brown's gas is a function of total energy in the end.

Atm0spher
10-16-2008, 10:02 AM
stan meyers used a special plasma sparkplug and a water injector mist to run his car. that stuff really dose work. there is lots of stuff on youtube on it. as for high voltage the trick is to condition the plates so that when you apply the high voltage 600+ vdc the current doesnt pass through the plates. and the voltage does all the work. but for that to work correctly you would have to be able to change the frequency constantly to keep the resonant frequency of the water. and some way to monitor it. at least thats the way i understand it. sounds viable to me.

Tremorfalcon
10-17-2008, 10:08 AM
Plasma spark plugs? Is this like those $25 Pulstar spark plugs? As I understand it, plasma is super heated gas, heated to the point that it can conduct electricity. I don't see how thats gonna make any difference with a spark plug. The part that matters is where the spark jumps from the electrode to the ground and it ignites the fuel. If you have plasma where that spark occurs, you're gonna be running so hot you won't even need a spark because your engine will be knocking itself to death. Maybe they claim plasma inside the spark plug instead of wires because of less resistance? Well...you could just use non resistor spark plugs and wrap your electronics in EMI and RF shielding material. A lot cheaper and you don't have to waste alternator energy to heat the gas in the spark plug. Plasma spark plugs, just some made up name to make it sound better. I mean how many games have some type of "plasma gun, plasma rifle" in it? A lot, so we think of something cool and powerful when we hear plasma when its just an electrically conductive gas, nothing special.

As for water, it basically has an infinite octane rating so it will never explode. Hydrogen will explode, oxygen will accelerate the explosion, but water itself will never explode. That six stroke engine that guy invented injected water after the exhaust stroke and the heat from the engine turned it into steam to drive the piston downward. Basically it was like a internal combustion / steam engine hybrid. Could you invent some type of super spark plug, more like a glow plug, that heated up hot enough and fast enough to turn water into steam for every revolution of the engine? Probably, and you'd have an internal "combustion" steam engine. As for practicality, it'd take so much energy to heat that spark plug up hot enough and fast enough you'd have to have a very high output alternator and you probably wouldn't even get enough energy from the steam to power the alternator.

Water/methanol injection that racers and WWII pilots used is a different story. Methanol has an octane of around 120, so it will combust. It also burns fast. Water keeps the intake air temperatures low for high compression / high boost engines.

Stan Meyers may have had a good idea, but it is impossible to run a car on water or on solely HHO.

http://www.umpquaenergy.com/hydrogengenerator/tero_cell.pdf

Page 14, describes about how much HHO it takes to run an engine solely on it. HHO has a very low energy content compared to gasoline, and we are measuring it by volume whereas the air fuel ratio in a car is measured by weight.

I do believe in HHO though, there are several NASA papers out there on it and there is some paper you can buy from the SAE.org website that has a write up on it. Basically the summary of the paper on the website said it greatly increase flame speed which allows the much better combustion of lean air/fuel ratios and since it combusts faster you can also retard timing so that it ignites closer to top dead center for better efficiency.

Sorry this was so long, I just hate hearing about Stan Meyers and his miracle machine when he was proved as being a fraud, and I especially hate hearing about "oil company / car manufacturers conspiracy theories" but thats a whole nother story. But hopefully, this has cleared up a few things for some people.

pj91gsx
10-17-2008, 10:54 AM
interesting. I thought he was poisoned by the oil companies for his invention. Ill just stay on the fence post on that subject. My friend is patenting his booster, so he wont give any information or let me see it. :cool: