PDA

View Full Version : HHO Torch ?..

crazyfazy
10-11-2008, 10:56 AM
I've been experimenting with an hho torch setup with some sucess, but have been having some problems with backflash. I'm using a spark arrestor with the bronze wool and even have two check valves in place, but still get a backflash:eek:. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Is there any way to completely eliminate the backflash problems? Thanks for any help here!:confused:

resago
10-11-2008, 11:10 AM
see if the magnet trick works and run 2 lines, one for the H the other for the O and recombine before the head.

crazyfazy
10-11-2008, 01:48 PM
:confused:...I'm not sure what you mean or how that's done. I don't know how to seperate the H from the O. Can you elaborate a little or give me a link that can show me how this is done? Thanks.:)

resago
10-11-2008, 03:40 PM
someone on here suggested that you could use a magnet to pull to 2 gasses to either side of a larger tube. one gas would go to the N pole and the other the S pole.

oicu812
10-11-2008, 05:04 PM
my torch is working perfectly, no flash back problems at all. what kind of torch tip are you using? I ordered all my parts from http://www.h2extreme.com/catalog.asp?Page=2&search_fd2=assembly&multisearch_fd2=0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,13

Boltazar
10-11-2008, 05:17 PM
I would also think that the tip size in racio to the preasure at the tip would make the difference. Use a bubbler to catch flash back, hydrogen burns too fast for a valve or metal mesh

crazyfazy
10-11-2008, 05:38 PM
I'm using a .030 mig welding tip. I put together a torch like some of the ones seen on the net...ball valve, around a 4 or 5" piece of pipe stuffed with bronze wool and 2 check valves. I can get a small flame to burn but usually end up in a backflash. Should I maybe try a smaller diameter tip??

crazyfazy
10-11-2008, 05:41 PM
I just checked out the site you listed oicu812. From what I've seen, it seems I'm using way too large of a tip. I'll try a smaller one and see how that works. Thanks!

Boltazar
10-11-2008, 05:54 PM
Whats your HHO out put and what preasure are you pushing

crazyfazy
10-11-2008, 06:21 PM
:o...that, I am not sure of. I haven't made a flow meter yet, nor do I have a pressure gauge. I admit these are very important factors I must check and monitor, but in the meantime, could you give me a target to shoot for? What are acceptable outputs and pressures to effectively run a torch? Thanks.:)

Boltazar
10-11-2008, 07:59 PM
I havent any idea. I'm looking for info also.

oicu812
10-11-2008, 11:14 PM
at ten amps I'm getting almost 1.5 litres a minute . using a micro torch tip it can maintain about 1 pound presure producing about an inch flame. it melts steel wire instantly.

crazyfazy
10-12-2008, 03:00 PM
oicu812...would you mind sharing a little info on your generator? I'm trying to figure out what is the best plate config. I've tried a 12 plate +-+-+-+-+-+-, but this seems to draw way to many amps....boy did it produce though! Are you using pottasium hydrox. or something else? Just curious, because I've tried some nuetral plates, but they don't seem to produce as much. Thanks!:)

oicu812
10-13-2008, 10:28 AM
i'm using a home depot water filter housing with 6 plates seperated with ceramic magnets +nnnn- it has a preasure switch set at 40lbs than it goes to a bubbler(also a water filter) than a check valve than a flash arrestor and finally a micro toarch tip. the plates are 2 by 7 inch 316 stainless steel, roughed up with sandpaper. runing 2tea poons of sodium hydroxcide in about 2 litres of water. my power supply is a large 10/20/40/100/200 batery charger. it has a built in amp meter and I usually set it at the 20 amp setting. it takes almost an hour to reach peak output and I guess the housing reaches 160 degrees. I just received 24 more plates and plan on banking four more generators on it for a totall of five generators. should be fairly impressive.

crazyfazy
10-14-2008, 12:30 AM
...that sounds very impressive! Sounds like awesome production on just six plates! I'm not familiar with the ceramic magnets, though. Are they the key to so much production with only six plates? Thanks for sharing your design!:)

Scooterdog
10-14-2008, 02:20 AM
I've been experimenting with an hho torch setup with some sucess, but have been having some problems with backflash. I'm using a spark arrestor with the bronze wool and even have two check valves in place, but still get a backflash:eek:. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Is there any way to completely eliminate the backflash problems? Thanks for any help here!:confused:

Add more oxygen. There is a guy who made one of these "hho" tourches. The problem with the video is, they don't show you when he hits his hand with it, the oxygen isn't turned on, but when he starts melting everything in site, the oxygen has been turned on. Don't believe everything you watch.

Get the o2 bottle out and try it, it may cure the problem.