PDA

View Full Version : Effects with Superchargers or Turbos

JonDoh
10-10-2008, 03:54 PM
A friend has a 1998 Dodge ram 3500 5.9L turbo diesel flat bed with a 400 gallon tank, weights 8,000 lbs empty. I read superwhere that the HHO units don't work well or don't work @ all with supercharger's or turbo's?

Anybody have any literature or info on this?

HHOhoper
10-10-2008, 04:09 PM
I haven't done a HUGE amount of research on this but I've heard that turbos don't really disadvantage the HHO as much as superchargers do. My Grand Prix has a supercharger and I'm only getting 2-3 MPG increase before my O2 sensors start compensating for the HHO and my mileage goes down. Talk about FRUSTRATING! On the plus side, the exact same model Grand Prix that comes WITHOUT the supercharger gets the same MPG as mine does with the HHO! So indirectly, I guess you could say that the HHO is "fueling" my supercharger! :)
My opinion on superchargers is that they, along with our o2 sensors, are all made in Iran.

hydrotinkerer
10-10-2008, 07:24 PM
A friend has a 1998 Dodge ram 3500 5.9L turbo diesel flat bed with a 400 gallon tank, weights 8,000 lbs empty. I read superwhere that the HHO units don't work well or don't work @ all with supercharger's or turbo's?

Anybody have any literature or info on this?

I have a 98 Dodge 2500 cummins turbo diesel. You can put a gen on that truck. Just put the gas hose preturbo. Mine is in the filter box.