PDA

View Full Version : 3LPM No Gain, Lots of foam

richardb200373
10-09-2008, 11:52 PM
Hi guys, I've got a little issue here. I have a dry cell that is pushing 3LPM plus. Bench tested it, worked great. Hooked everything up to the vehicle, no increase in mpg. I have a bubbler/tank only, no bubbler after yet, ordered one, slow to ship. Anyway, I went about 10 miles, stoped and noticed foam in the line, luckily, I have a small inline fuel filter right before going into the intake. So, I drained a little bit of my solution (1/2 cup KOH per gallon) , thought I might have had it too full. Went another 10 miles and the tank was half full of bubbles/foam and pushing up to the intake, shut it down and came home. Are the bubbles bad? I'm going to rinse out the cell and tank tomorrow.
Also, I have an efie from fuelsaver. I had it adjusted at about 0.20 volts added as they recommend. I remember someone on here saying the went the other way on it, well I went the wrong way - went to 0.40, he said he went 0.040 and got good results. By the way, I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee 2002 with a 4.0L 6 cylinder. I figured with 3+LPM I would have been rockin! Any suggestions? Thanks.
Forgot to add this: I'm pulling a lot of amps, somewhere around 50 probably, not sure, but I do have a 132 amp alternator.

Painless
10-09-2008, 11:57 PM
As for the foam from the KOH, yes, this is *BAD* ... if it gets into your engine it will eat any aluminum it finds.

Here's what to do about it:

1) Get some screen door mesh or similar material that allows gas to pass but will hold back the foam and put it under the exit hose from your gen.

2) Install a bubbler and fill it with distilled white vinegar

KOH can get into the HHO gas even without foam being produced, the tell tale sign is the white mist you see from the hose. This is KOH in with the water vapour.

richardb200373
10-10-2008, 08:32 AM
Ok, thanks Painless. I have some of the black plastic screen if that is what you are talking about. Do you mean stuff a little bit in the hose where it comes out on top part of dry cell? My bubbler should be in today, should have been in last week! Thanks for the help.

Painless
10-10-2008, 10:06 AM
I didn't stuff mine into the hose itself, I took a piece about 8 by 8 inches and folded it over and over until it was small enough to fit into the top of my reservoir (3" tubing). The folding is important as it improves the filtering. Putting it inside the hose itself might result in it ending up in your bubbler or causing a blockage.

hydrotinkerer
10-10-2008, 11:57 AM
Hi guys, I've got a little issue here. I have a dry cell that is pushing 3LPM plus. Bench tested it, worked great. Hooked everything up to the vehicle, no increase in mpg. I have a bubbler/tank only, no bubbler after yet, ordered one, slow to ship. Anyway, I went about 10 miles, stoped and noticed foam in the line, luckily, I have a small inline fuel filter right before going into the intake. So, I drained a little bit of my solution (1/2 cup KOH per gallon) , thought I might have had it too full. Went another 10 miles and the tank was half full of bubbles/foam and pushing up to the intake, shut it down and came home. Are the bubbles bad? I'm going to rinse out the cell and tank tomorrow.
Also, I have an efie from fuelsaver. I had it adjusted at about 0.20 volts added as they recommend. I remember someone on here saying the went the other way on it, well I went the wrong way - went to 0.40, he said he went 0.040 and got good results. By the way, I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee 2002 with a 4.0L 6 cylinder. I figured with 3+LPM I would have been rockin! Any suggestions? Thanks.
Forgot to add this: I'm pulling a lot of amps, somewhere around 50 probably, not sure, but I do have a 132 amp alternator.

Do you have it hooked to engine vacuum?

mytoyotasucks
10-10-2008, 12:20 PM
dont forget that most foam is from over heating, might be pushing to many amps.

richardb200373
10-10-2008, 12:31 PM
Hydrotinkerer, I have it hooked up only on air intake about 3 or 4 inches from the actual intake.

richardb200373
10-15-2008, 10:38 AM
Ok guys, I think I figured out the foam problem. I bought a cheap Mickey Mouse overflow reservoir/bubbler for my dry cell from auto zone.
1. Then top is only a snap on type with a gasket, great if you have a back fire, it will blow right off with out damage, down side, if you don't have the gasket positioned just right, it won't seal right, and then it still is'nt air tight so you lose a little hho.
2. The drain hole at the bottom is just big enough for 3/8 hose, but small enough for 1/4 maybe too. It is too small and does not let out enough water back to the cell.

Therefore, this hot rod cell is pushing out a lot of gas and water, way faster than water is coming back in ; I think that is where the bubbles came from, not enough water in cell during operation.

My fix: I just ordered a tank on ebay for like 35 bucks from an hho dealer, a little more than I wanted to pay (plus 8 for shipping) but it already has 3 outlets on it, all are plastic welded at factory (Flambeau I assume). It is a good product and will circulate well I think. Also it is 3 qt. rather than two. I should be getting it in tomorrow, will let you know how things go.

resago
10-15-2008, 11:07 AM
got a link? I have the 2 qt orieleys special as well.

richardb200373
10-15-2008, 11:46 AM
resago, here is the link. I bought mine on ebay but he does'nt have any there right now. This is the direct link to his website.
http://www.fuelsavergarage.com/products

livehho
12-26-2008, 10:17 PM
Ok guys, I think I figured out the foam problem. I bought a cheap Mickey Mouse overflow reservoir/bubbler for my dry cell from auto zone.
1. Then top is only a snap on type with a gasket, great if you have a back fire, it will blow right off with out damage, down side, if you don't have the gasket positioned just right, it won't seal right, and then it still is'nt air tight so you lose a little hho.
2. The drain hole at the bottom is just big enough for 3/8 hose, but small enough for 1/4 maybe too. It is too small and does not let out enough water back to the cell.

Therefore, this hot rod cell is pushing out a lot of gas and water, way faster than water is coming back in ; I think that is where the bubbles came from, not enough water in cell during operation.

My fix: I just ordered a tank on ebay for like 35 bucks from an hho dealer, a little more than I wanted to pay (plus 8 for shipping) but it already has 3 outlets on it, all are plastic welded at factory (Flambeau I assume). It is a good product and will circulate well I think. Also it is 3 qt. rather than two. I should be getting it in tomorrow, will let you know how things go.
hi richard. so what are the results from your testing with the new reservoir/bubbler you got from ebay. still getting foam?

water4gasinstaller
01-08-2009, 12:29 PM
Bro!
Its the amps its drawing too much causing the engine to burn more fuel especially when it idles. It also will drain your vehicle battery in no time. In addition your wires will heat up and will damage your alternator. No kidding! We went thru that hell thinking more gas the better.
Well we tried only 10amps on HM80 with less bubbling of less than 1 litre per minute guess what the mileage for toyota camry 2006 was hitting 30%.
Its not how much gas but how much amps its drawing as well. Too much foam is because your tubing can bring that much of gas. the rest are left bursting out of the unit for space. Recommend you have a larger tubing thats where we did for our larger units.
Too much amps will also cause steam so you must have a condenser else your engine will get wet with water spurts from your hydrogen unit will leave you 1000 of dollars of repairs that was the pain we had. Just to let you know before it gets to you too.
Thanks!

admin
01-08-2009, 01:21 PM
Wow thats good to know. More gas is not necessarily better. you saw 30% gains? did you adjust your a/f ratio?

water4gasinstaller
01-08-2009, 07:18 PM
We were also sceptical because I placed only 4amps at cold strat of our unit. As he complains about car lights dimming and car not running smoothly even at 15amps when its hot. So I have placed it at 10amps at hot operational unit. He is the director of the Car Tyre service also believer in the technology but however tried an earlier H2 company had his car battery die on him and his fuse melt. Well we gave him a month trial. At 10amps, less than 1 lpm if 12amps suppose to be 1lpm I was a skectic, as since he is on city driving 80% of the time I told him 15% savings on gasoline. He was disappointed at first but we proceeded anyway. Got back to be 22% savings at 10amps bought the unit. 2 weeks later increased to 30%. Hey that is city driving, as we should be expecting idling and traffic jams as well. We told him that his engine chamber is clean from carbon. Its a Toyota Camry 2006 model I think response very well to the unit. Thats my side of the story have to upload the photo of the car to you guys to see.

water4gasinstaller
01-08-2009, 07:24 PM
The competitor however placed more catalyst and touched the wire to see if its hot when he installed into the Car. No Clamp Amp Meter to measure amps!
The result on 18% Savings with Battery Dead 3 times and Car Lights dimming at night and probable damage to alternator.
Well the least amps is better result. Oh yeah!
Volt Stabalizer should be removed when you install HHO Generator, just an advise to you guys. Got Bad experience with it as well

jaxbrian
01-09-2009, 06:02 PM
Did you add any other mods or adjustments to the Camry or are the results from straight HHO? And did the 30% stick or did they eventually go back to normal?