PDA

View Full Version : Effects with Ethanol (E85)

JonDoh
10-05-2008, 12:36 AM
I just found out my vhicle is a flex fuel, ethanol capable..... $1 cheaper : ) Will a hydrogen fuel cell work with the E85? What kind of effects will iit have? burns hotter?

wipeout97
10-06-2008, 02:35 AM
I have only lightly tested with e-85 vehicles and so far so good. My issue with e-85 is the gas mileage drop vs. regular old petro. I have to say it did run slightly hotter but never ran where it would do internal damage (IMO). I used a laser thermometer after a 4 hour trip and only saw an external hike of 20-25F which could be the hydrogen or simply the trip. IF you are that worried just make sure the kit is installed in a way where it could be removed and there would never be physical evidence it was there is warranty is an issue.

JonDoh
10-06-2008, 10:08 AM
^^^Heat's no issue for my DRY cell.... averages bout 100 degrees

I did find out several things bout ethanol (E85). You do get a slight mileage lost but being $1.00 cheaper it's better to use. I figured since I have a 16 gallon tank would save me $16 each fill up estimating a fill a week would be $64 month to $768 a year....... looks G:):)D to me. It's renewable fuel, Made in America, You can make my own..... If the HHO cells work great with E85 then I estimate costs would be bout $1.00 per gallon. Things looks pretty good with E85... prob convert my other cars..... gonna do more investigating tho .......