PDA

View Full Version : Another amp draw question

spycarrussell
10-04-2008, 03:32 PM
Could someone explain the relationship of amp draw to operating temperature? Is the goal of efficient HHO generation keeping operating temps below boiling while pulling as many amps as there is headroom for in a given vehicle charging system? Is this how one generates as much HHO as possible?

Many thanks.

Painless
10-04-2008, 03:39 PM
I can share the following observations which I think others will agree with:

1) As heat increases, so does amp draw and hence production until point 2.

2) Ideal temp for production seems to be about 130 to 140F, beyond this production suffers.

Increasing amps will increase production, but it will be a curve that reaches a peak and then falls off rapidly. In other words, amps can be considered a factor of production, but should be regulated along with surface area and voltage per cell.

mytoyotasucks
10-04-2008, 07:47 PM
actaully temp mostly goes up with exess volatge.
if u have more than a few volts per plate the exess voltage goes to heat.

spycarrussell
10-04-2008, 07:56 PM
I assume you mean volts per cell, not plate. So, keeping cell voltage in the 2.25 range and temps in the 140 degree range, would the highest possible amp draw yield the most HHO?

hg2
10-05-2008, 09:00 AM
I assume you mean volts per cell, not plate. So, keeping cell voltage in the 2.25 range and temps in the 140 degree range, would the highest possible amp draw yield the most HHO?

When you take your voltage readings you're testing each cell and taking reading off each plate.Basically same difference is what I'm trying to say.