PDA

View Full Version : I have a ?

tinkit
10-03-2008, 09:59 PM
I have a 1993 Nissan truck with a 2.4 engine.So here is my question.I have been told that there is no map/maf sensor on this motor.Is there another sensor that i could should hook the map/maf to? Any in depth help would be greatly appreciate.
Also do I use o2 extender or will this make my truck leaner?
Thanks for any help in advance, tinkit

Tremorfalcon
10-03-2008, 10:22 PM
Hmm....no MAP or MAF sensor? Only way I see that happening is if its a carbureted engine, and I doubt that since its a 90's vehicle. I can't think of how else the computer would detect how much air was being sucked into the engine so the injectors knew how much fuel to inject to keep it at the 14.7:1 ratio.

If somehow it doesn't have a MAP/MAF sensor I'd suggest going with an EFIE. If it does have a MAP or MAF sensor get MAP/MAF Enhancer and and EFIE. I always thought EFIE's would be much better because you can actually tune them. With an extender, its always one constant setting. You can build an MAP/MAF enhancer for around $5 with parts from Radioshack. You can also build a EFIE for around $30 (depends on your model you build and the store you get the parts).

scrode
10-03-2008, 10:35 PM
I looked your car/truck up,it is injected. So you will need an efie on your O2 sensor

DaneDHorstead
10-04-2008, 09:42 AM
Hmm....no MAP or MAF sensor? Only way I see that happening is if its a carbureted engine, and I doubt that since its a 90's vehicle. I can't think of how else the computer would detect how much air was being sucked into the engine so the injectors knew how much fuel to inject to keep it at the 14.7:1 ratio.

If somehow it doesn't have a MAP/MAF sensor I'd suggest going with an EFIE. If it does have a MAP or MAF sensor get MAP/MAF Enhancer and and EFIE. I always thought EFIE's would be much better because you can actually tune them. With an extender, its always one constant setting. You can build an MAP/MAF enhancer for around $5 with parts from Radioshack. You can also build a EFIE for around $30 (depends on your model you build and the store you get the parts).
He said the truck is a 93. Carbed, or not, most vehicles pre 96 do not have MAP, MAF, or EFFIs

tinkit
10-04-2008, 11:19 AM
so how do you control the leaning or richer on the gas in put?
Thanks Tinkit

mytoyotasucks
10-04-2008, 12:07 PM
ok according to online parts store, there is a map sensor on a 1993 Nissan king cab.

hydrotinkerer
10-04-2008, 12:33 PM
Thanks Tinkit

vehicles since 1980(OBDI)have had fuel controls weather they are carbed or efi. Some had MAPs, MAF, o2 sensors. The best way is with a o2 sensor enhancer(Efie). In my opinion the easiest way. Your truck according to alldatapro.com says it has a mass air flow sensor. Hope that helps.

DigitalMocking
10-04-2008, 12:36 PM
You have a MAF on that truck.

resago
10-04-2008, 02:55 PM
Thanks Tinkit

it'll still have an O2 sensor.

MAP and MAF help the computer adjust timing as well.
does your distributor have the old vacuum adv hookup?