PDA

View Full Version : 12v/24v

Riddler250
10-02-2008, 08:54 PM
Dont know if this has been discussed yet, but im sure its been tested. I believe it was painless who said that 2.33 volts per plate seems to be the ideal voltage for a cell to run at maximum efficiency. if you were to run that cell at 24v then you could double the size of your booster and double production. tractors for example have a 24v system and plenty of room to mount a larger device. Or could you use a step up transformer to run from your battery to your "super cell" and get 2-3lpm? has anyone tried running 110v ac to a booster? Just a thought.

Atm0spher
10-02-2008, 09:41 PM
the ac make a great heater and thats it. no bubbles just hot hot hot water. and as for "doubling" out put, i have found that my calculations for doubling have never worked out the way they should. not that i am any kind of scientest or even that good at math or spelling for that matter but when i think hey ill just add twice as manny plates and get twice the production it never really works out that way. at least for me.

mytoyotasucks
10-02-2008, 09:42 PM
Dont know if this has been discussed yet, but im sure its been tested. I believe it was painless who said that 2.33 volts per plate seems to be the ideal voltage for a cell to run at maximum efficiency. if you were to run that cell at 24v then you could double the size of your booster and double production. tractors for example have a 24v system and plenty of room to mount a larger device. Or could you use a step up transformer to run from your battery to your "super cell" and get 2-3lpm? has anyone tried running 110v ac to a booster? Just a thought.

ok if u want a bigger cell 24v is fine, and 110v ac dont do, ac does not work.

Riddler250
10-03-2008, 10:56 AM
ok if u want a bigger cell 24v is fine, and 110v ac dont do, ac does not work.

i didnt figure ac would work, jjust thought id ask

mytoyotasucks
10-03-2008, 12:24 PM
i didnt figure ac would work, jjust thought id ask

ya its better to ask questions before doing.