PDA

View Full Version : Hydroxy Injection: High Displacement Engines

bigapple
09-28-2008, 01:19 PM
I wanted to create a thread for those with large engines that are seeing gains from hydroxy injection and how they are set up under the hood. I saw only a 1 mpg gain from running only to the intake before the throttle body, so I T-ed the line and additionally ran to a vacuum line (PCV valve) for a bit and it seemed to work but I couldn't really tell since the engine idles much higher with a lesser vacuum. But I'm still curious as to whether or not that is the best location to inject the gas.

Post your testimonials here if you have a 6 or 8 cylinder engine (or even you crazy people with 10 or 12), a displacement higher than say, 2.5 liters, and if you have experienced better efficiency. Be sure to include if you have other modifications (MAP enhancers, EFIEs, etc.) and of course the usually cash and prizes that most hydroxy hobbyists are interested in. These include amperage, electrolyte concentration, hydroxy production (L or mL per minute), injection location (before t-body, vacuum line, both, etc), and operating temperate (an estimate will suffice). Make your gains clear to prove this technology works in any internal combustion engine, and that regardless of high displacement, improved efficiency can still be attained.

pj91gsx
09-28-2008, 09:17 PM
I put the booster on my 325i inline 6 2.5 liter, I drove up a large mountain a few days ago in a rain storm and got 31 mpgs average at 35 to 45 mph driving, I was impressed with that for the slow driving, without the booster Im sure I would have gotten 20. Im using smacks booster design. It pulls up hills in much lower rpms and drives much smoother and seems to pick up speed much better, I can stay of the gas pedal much more as well.

777Braveheart
11-02-2008, 09:06 PM
Hi. I'm a newbie. I'm trying to determine where is the best place to inject my 2001 Toyo Tundra. One guy told me close to the MAF. Another said before the MAF and another said after the MAF. I've also been reading Smith's very helpful info. on the dangers of KOH and aluminum. He suggests an orange paint filter. Painless suggests a cleansing bubbler he designed. Great ideas. Thanks Smith and Painless!

So... I was wondering where I should try it now? What about injecting the gas into my airbox underneath the the air filter which is before the MAF? Would that allow the filter to trap the KOH? Is that a good/bad idea? I'm attaching a pic. Any ideas? I'll get all my stats posted once I finally figure out the best injection point to try first.

Thanks guys. This forum rocks!