PDA

View Full Version : Amoeba Cell - Breaking in nicely

BoyntonStu
09-27-2008, 07:30 PM
Group,

As I add NaOH, the current is slowly rising but the output is rising even faster.

When I saw these figures, I could not believe them.

Volts Amps ML Seconds
13.8 6 1000 97

Watts MMW ML/MIN
82.8 7.47 619

They are accurate as you can see in the video timeline.

Amoebas may soon multiply.

BTW I believe that glass reservoirs and bubblers are the way to go IF you shield them and/or wrap them in a protective plastic.

Glass containers are clean, free, seal with a slight twist angle, have lids that are easy to mount barbs, and of course transparent.

BoyntonStu

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/x7YxLDcfQ7Q"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/x7YxLDcfQ7Q" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

JojoJaro
09-28-2008, 04:19 PM
Cool.

How did you seal the edges? Which epoxy brand? Is it holding up?

cambo11
09-28-2008, 11:21 PM
BoyntonStu,

Cool design and great efficiency! Can you please share the construction techniques/details of this unit (video would be great if you are willing). I'd love to build one.

How do you keep it together?
Gasket material/thickness?
How did you mount electrical connections and hose inlet/outlet fittings?

I really think you have a winning combination here.

Thanks

redneckgearhead34
09-29-2008, 04:29 PM
Is it for sale?:D jk

I really like this. Looks like you are at the stage of making these more useful to the average everyday joe. I love to see how this turns out.

But seriously do you have on to sell?

overtaker
09-29-2008, 07:47 PM
I don't think I would want to be anywhere close to a glass jar that exploded even if it was inside a plastic container. Someone could test one at a safe distance to get an idea how easily the glass shards go through the outer plastic. BE SAFE. :)

BoyntonStu
09-29-2008, 07:49 PM
I don't think I would want to be anywhere close to a glass jar that exploded even if it was inside a plastic container. Someone could test one at a safe distance to get an idea how easily the glass shards go through the outer plastic. BE SAFE. :)

You take a 3" diameter glass bubbler with all tubes out the top, and you drop it into a Schedule 40 PVC pipe.

Safe enough?

BoyntonStu

overtaker
09-29-2008, 07:57 PM
Probably and definitely more safe then a much thinner plastic jar. What would you use for the top of the pvc?

BoyntonStu
09-29-2008, 11:05 PM
Probably and definitely more safe then a much thinner plastic jar. What would you use for the top of the pvc?

First, the bubbler would be in the car under the hood.

Second, a glass jar has a metal screw on cover which is stronger than the PVC pipe..

Third, In the cover there will be 2 or 3 plastic hoses that are weaker than the metal cover and they will blow out, or blow off first.

Fourth, I may also include a membrane blow out as part of the bubbler cover.

BoyntonStu