PDA

View Full Version : How much hho production will make a difference

briguy
09-24-2008, 04:07 PM
I would like to know for a 2.2l 4 cylinder car. How much hho production would I need to see a difference in fuel usage? Like for example how many liters per minute.

Jmoore5619
09-24-2008, 11:07 PM
I would like to know for a 2.2l 4 cylinder car. How much hho production would I need to see a difference in fuel usage? Like for example how many liters per minute.

A good rule of thumb would be 200ML for each liter of engine size

mytoyotasucks
09-25-2008, 12:53 PM
A good rule of thumb would be 200ML for each liter of engine size

thats good to know, i always wondered.

Q-Hack!
09-25-2008, 01:45 PM
This question gets asked a lot. There is no real good answer unfortunately. Some people see gains with just 200 ml per minute. Others take much more.

In my case, on my 3.0L Saturn Vue, I started out with a generator that only produce about 200-300 ml per minute. No change in MPG. Then I built a Smack's design that got .750-.800 ml per minute. Again, no change in MPG. Now I am running a ZeroFossilFuel design VSPB which gives me 1.2-1.5 LPM. Wait for it... No change in MPG.

I have played with EFIEs and MAP enhancers, but the idea of leaning out my engine without seeing any results (either plus or minus) from the HHO seems like a really bad idea.

My next cell is going to be a dry cell and I am shooting for the 2 LPM mark @ less than 20 amps. It will probably be a few weeks before I get it finished though.

Roland Jacques
09-30-2008, 09:53 AM
I have played with EFIEs and MAP enhancers, but the idea of leaning out my engine without seeing any results (either plus or minus) from the HHO seems like a really bad idea.

Have you monitored your O2 sensor voltages when you started to add HHO?

It seems the addition of HHO makes O2 sensor read lean. Is that the case with you? if so adjusting the O2 sensor to stay the same with HHO as it was W/O hho is not leaning your mixture. It is just keeping it from going rich for the wrong reasons.