PDA

View Full Version : Intake question

NFryan
09-23-2008, 09:41 AM
I just installed my HHO kit with 2 O2 spacers in my 2002 Nissan sentra spec-v 2.5L.. I installed a T on the valve cover breather that connects directly to my air intake.. Is this suitable placement for HHO intake.. I havent seen any gains as of yet and im wondering what i am doing wrong. I have been using 2 tsp baking soda to 1 Gallon of water in my unit. Is this enough?

Thanks

VanHalen
09-23-2008, 10:51 AM
First of all measure your HHO output. You may not be making enough HHO to make a difference in MPG. To do this, fill a large container with water, then with a bottle you know the volume of hold it under water upside down and stick your output hose in the bottle. Start a time and see how long it takes to displace the water, then convert to Liters Per Minute. Second, there are other variables that come into play such as the MAP sensor that may, upon using HHO, taht may enrich fuel mixture. I also know you need an efie, but I don't have much experience with fuel injection so get some advice on that.

NFryan
09-23-2008, 03:31 PM
Thanks ill try some other things.. Its just starting to get frustrating. Ill try what you said first

bigapple
09-23-2008, 04:48 PM
stay away from baking soda. there r alot of bad effects it has and itll do u more harm then good cuz itll offset ur money savings. even though they are caustic, KOH and NaOH are the best electrolytes cuz they dont cause rust (brown scum) and they are used up very slowly so maintenance will be reduced. NaOH is the easiest to obtain. go to a hardware store and find a bottle of 100% crystallized lye in the drain cleaner section. make sure to get 100% or ull get more scum in ur cell. its about 3.99 for a bottle that will last u a few years since u use less of it as compared to using a ton of baking soda (usually 1 tsp baking soda to 1/2 tsp NaOH/KOH in one gallon distilled water)

NFryan
09-23-2008, 06:57 PM
stay away from baking soda. there r alot of bad effects it has and itll do u more harm then good cuz itll offset ur money savings. even though they are caustic, KOH and NaOH are the best electrolytes cuz they dont cause rust (brown scum) and they are used up very slowly so maintenance will be reduced. NaOH is the easiest to obtain. go to a hardware store and find a bottle of 100% crystallized lye in the drain cleaner section. make sure to get 100% or ull get more scum in ur cell. its about 3.99 for a bottle that will last u a few years since u use less of it as compared to using a ton of baking soda (usually 1 tsp baking soda to 1/2 tsp NaOH/KOH in one gallon distilled water)

Thanks alot.... I will pick some up.. I am just having the most trouble with at the moment getting my car to not use more gas with my HHO kit on.. I put an o2 space on both sensors. and that didnt work.. SO i took 1 off today and im going to try it with just the second lower one on and see what happens. Anyone else running a kit on a Nissan with a MAF and having success with an efie installed. I cant gain any MPG so far.. Its always worse with HHO kit on... when i turn it back off it goes back to my norm mpg 27-30 MPG norm When i turn on my generator I have been getting 25 MPG no matter what i do. I gottta get this thing figured out...

jcbarton
09-24-2008, 03:22 PM
I am new to this too but from what I have read your car is reading the HHO and is running too lean and is dumping more gas in to compensate. You will need the MAP/MAF sensor or EFIE installed to see any gains in most cars 1996 and newer. Good luck

NFryan
09-24-2008, 03:38 PM
Yea i think so too. Thanks.. I ordered one today..Im going to put it in and see how many LPM i am making first. Also i was told to switch to LYe.. and fill my bubbler with distilled vinegar

HALS-GUNSMITHING
10-25-2008, 12:47 AM
It's important to know not only how much HHO you are producing but also how many amps you are drawing. You could be (inefficeint) laboring the altinator too much but producing very little gas.

hg2
10-25-2008, 06:05 AM
It's important to know not only how much HHO you are producing but also how many amps you are drawing. You could be (inefficeint) laboring the altinator too much but producing very little gas.

It takes a lot of amps to affect mpg according to this formula.

How much horsepower does an alternator pull ? You can mathematically determine the horsepower cost at any given load. (Remember, alternators respond to load. If there is no load present the alternator is basically freewheeling.)

Amps x Volts = Watts
Watts / 745.7 (one HP) = Electrical HP Produced by the Alternator
HP x 15% Efficiency Loss = HP Loss
HP + HP Loss = Total HP Used

Example:
57A x 14.9V = 849.3 Watts
849.3 Watts / 745.7 = 1.14 HP
1.14 HP x 15% = 0.17 HP
1.14 + 0.17 = 1.31 HP Total