PDA

View Full Version : wrapping plates

DOUBLEL
09-23-2008, 07:57 AM
what is a good material to wrap, or seal the edges of the plates?

Q-Hack!
09-23-2008, 02:22 PM
If you are looking for something cheap, an old bicycle inner-tube cut open and wrapped around the cell like a mummy works well. Just be sure to leave it open at the top and bottom for the gas to escape.

DOUBLEL
09-23-2008, 04:04 PM
thats a great idea, Thanks

mytoyotasucks
09-23-2008, 04:19 PM
how about electrical tape?????

bigapple
09-23-2008, 04:42 PM
ive tried electrical tape, spray on polyurethane, and most recently, liquid electrical tape. im still in the phases of testing it, but liquid electrical tape seems like a very good solution. it goes on thick and is very adhesive. the bottle says its submersible so i figure itll withstand the conditions. also, if u have seen the bottles of herculiner at autozone (a truck bed adhesive), that would probably go on thick enough and work in blocking conductivity. u can get liquid electrical tape at any hardware store (ace, lowes, HD) and it should be in a red or yellow bottle. i could be wrong though, but those are at least the two types i have. u can get the herculiner at any auto parts store. it should be in a standard paint bottle and ull need a flathead to open it. id use a big brush if u use herculiner. it goes on pretty thick