PDA

View Full Version : Titon 1500 Series HHO Generator With No Results

rizzo30
09-23-2008, 03:00 AM
I bought a Titon 1500 Series HHO generator off of ebay for around $200 and I have yet to see an increase in gas milage. I am looking to see if anyone knows what I am doing wrong if anything. This thing looks like one of those water filters that is connected to a bubbler that also acts as a water resevour where you just add water when it gets empty. I have this thing installed in the trunk of my car since there is just no room under my hood for it without grinding a good chunk of the bumper out. So its in my trunk and I have about a 20 foot rubber hose running from the trunk to the hood. My car has two air intakes on it, so from there the host branches off so it can connect to each of those air intakes. I have heard of some people connecting those hoses to their vaccum line also, but my kit did not call for that.

I am kind of wondering if maybe this thing just can not be installed in the trunk, or am I maybe using a type of hose that allows hydrogen to totally leak out of it. I also thought about the vaccum line and was wondering if I should maybe connect it to the vaccum line.

I do also have one of these MAP sensor enhancers connected so I can control how much gas the motor gets, but I still haven't really seen an increase.

I don't know how many amps this thing is pulling, but I have noticed that it does get pretty warm if I go on a 50 mile trip.

If anyone can give me a few tips, that would greatly help.

Painless
09-23-2008, 07:01 AM
I bought a Titon 1500 Series HHO generator off of ebay for around $200 and I have yet to see an increase in gas milage. I am looking to see if anyone knows what I am doing wrong if anything. This thing looks like one of those water filters that is connected to a bubbler that also acts as a water resevour where you just add water when it gets empty. I have this thing installed in the trunk of my car since there is just no room under my hood for it without grinding a good chunk of the bumper out. So its in my trunk and I have about a 20 foot rubber hose running from the trunk to the hood. My car has two air intakes on it, so from there the host branches off so it can connect to each of those air intakes. I have heard of some people connecting those hoses to their vaccum line also, but my kit did not call for that.

I am kind of wondering if maybe this thing just can not be installed in the trunk, or am I maybe using a type of hose that allows hydrogen to totally leak out of it. I also thought about the vaccum line and was wondering if I should maybe connect it to the vaccum line.

I do also have one of these MAP sensor enhancers connected so I can control how much gas the motor gets, but I still haven't really seen an increase.

I don't know how many amps this thing is pulling, but I have noticed that it does get pretty warm if I go on a 50 mile trip.

If anyone can give me a few tips, that would greatly help.

I think your first step should be to measure the units output and find out how many litres per minute of HHO it's producing.

If you don't know how to do this it's quite simple. Just get a bucket of water and a plastic bottle you know the volume of and fill it with water. Hold the hose inside the bottle under the water and see how long it takes to displace all the water.

Until you have this sorted I would turn off the MAP enhancer. If you lean the fuel too much without sufficient HHO you might raise your combustion chamber levels enough to do engine damage.

hygear
09-23-2008, 07:27 AM
I think your first step should be to measure the units output and find out how many litres per minute of HHO it's producing.

If you don't know how to do this it's quite simple. Just get a bucket of water and a plastic bottle you know the volume of and fill it with water. Hold the hose inside the bottle under the water and see how long it takes to displace all the water.

Until you have this sorted I would turn off the MAP enhancer. If you lean the fuel too much without sufficient HHO you might raise your combustion chamber levels enough to do engine damage.

Painless is correct with his advice,you really need to monitor your system before trying any leaning device.I've seen sad stories posted on these forums about people overleaning any damaging their motor,and a rebuild would be a major setback when trying to save money with hho.Just think how long you would have to drive before you worked that off.Also you should see about installing an amp gauge to monitor your amps as well,too many amps can damage your charging system,they don't cost that much and you can find them on E-Bay.
Hope this helps you out.

rizzo30
09-23-2008, 07:47 AM
Thanks for the advice. I am going to go ahead and try to do a test once I can get a chance to. As far as the charging system, I am not worried about using too many amps. I am more worried about the HHO generator than my alternator. I have a 165 amp alternator in my car with about 7 farads of capacitors for my car stereo.

But right now I am using rubber hose to get my hydrogen from the generator to my air intake. I its a rubber hose that has some type stuff in the middle like thread or something to make it stronger. I am wondering if hydrogen maybe leaks out of that type of hose. I was thinking that the clear pvc hose that everyone uses would not allow this stuff to leak.

rizzo30
09-24-2008, 03:51 AM
Ok, I did the test to see how much hydrogen its putting out, and it is not doing nearly enough. At first it was hardly even noticeable. Then I just routed the hose directly to the generator bypassing the bubbler. That seemed to help a bit more. Then I added a little bit more electrolite and that helped a little bit more also. At this point, it takes about 2 minutes to displace all of the water in a 20 oz powerade bottle. This thing is supposed to do about 1.5 liters, so I am not getting enough hydrogen yet.

I did notice that so far I am able to do about 28 to 29 miles per gallon in town which is a decent increase from about the 20 to 21 that I got before, however my highway milage did not increase which is maybe due to not enough hydrogen.

I am using that electrolite where they take 100 gallons of ocean water and evaporate it down to around a gallon. Does anyone have any input on this stuff? I have heard of so many other types of electrolite such as baking soda. I am thinking that maybe this is my problem. Does anyone have any recomendations on what I should use for an electrolite, and if so, how much per gallon of distilled water or water/denatured alcohol mix?

rizzo30
09-24-2008, 03:56 AM
Also, what ammeter or amp meter do you guys recomend? I think I will need to find one of these on ebay. I found a Mastech Manual Range AC/DC Clamp on Meter, BM802 for $50 on ebay. Is that the ones that everyone recomends, or are there any cheaper ones or anything? Please let me know.

Painless
09-24-2008, 09:37 AM
Your ammeter choice seems a good option, I would definitely recommend the clamp over type.

Go to you grocery store and buy a couple of gallons of distilled water ( should be about a buck a gallon ) for your catalyst I would recommend sodium hydroxide or potassium hydroxide. To obtain one of these, check out the drain cleaner bottles and read the back, look for something that is 100% of these or 'lye' ( same as sodium hydroxide ). Also, grab some vinegar.

Use nothing but the vinegar in your bubbler and mix up a solution of 1 gallon of the distilled water with 1 teaspoon of the catalyst you bought. Use that to fill your generator and measure output.

If output needs to be more, increase your catalyst a half teaspoon at a time. Make sure you give the generator time to heat up before adding more catalyst as heat will increase production.

Keep an eye on your amp load and also make sure your engine does not start to labour at idle. This is a sign of overloading with too much amp draw. If this happens use less catalyst (drain some electrolyte and replace with distilled water to weaken the solution).

Good luck!

NFryan
09-24-2008, 09:45 AM
So exactly how much HHO is a good target number of HHO to be making as far as LPM's. Also why the vinegar in the bubbler? I am new to this whole thing too. I installed mine and am not seeing any gains and i am getting worse MPG which makes me think i am making enough HHO but my car is dumping fuel to compensate for the added O2. I am going to run the bucket test soon to check exactly how much.. I just want to know how much HHO at how many amps i should be running in a PVC unit to achieve higway gains as rizzo30 has stated.. I want everything dialed in before i inststall my MAF efie next week to try and get the gains i have been unable to achieve so far.. By the way right now im using baking soda and distilled water. I will be switching to LYE this weekend,.. Im gonna start witth 1 tsp to a gallon?

DaneDHorstead
09-24-2008, 10:01 AM

Painless;

We are assuming he has an enhancer! In his writing, no enhancer was mentioned, and thus no increase might be realized, but in fact a possible decrease in MPG.

Thou shalt not assume!

DaneDHorstead
09-24-2008, 10:04 AM
Painless;

We are assuming he has an enhancer! In his writing, no enhancer was mentioned, and thus no increase might be realized, but in fact a possible decrease in MPG.

Thou shalt not assume!
I stand corrected! He did mention an enhancer, thus it is my mistake.

Painless
09-24-2008, 05:29 PM
So exactly how much HHO is a good target number of HHO to be making as far as LPM's. Also why the vinegar in the bubbler? I am new to this whole thing too. I installed mine and am not seeing any gains and i am getting worse MPG which makes me think i am making enough HHO but my car is dumping fuel to compensate for the added O2. I am going to run the bucket test soon to check exactly how much.. I just want to know how much HHO at how many amps i should be running in a PVC unit to achieve higway gains as rizzo30 has stated.. I want everything dialed in before i inststall my MAF efie next week to try and get the gains i have been unable to achieve so far.. By the way right now im using baking soda and distilled water. I will be switching to LYE this weekend,.. Im gonna start witth 1 tsp to a gallon?

The vinegar in the bubbler is to help neutralize any of the KOH or NaOH that makes it out of your generator in water vapor.

As for the LPM, it differs a lot from vehicle to vehicle, but typically (and sticking my neck out for others to chop at!) it seems that the average four cylinder engine needs about 1LPM to start seeing gains, V8's seem to need over 2LPM.

Again, these are rough figures and I'm now wearing my stainless steel neck protector.

rizzo30
09-25-2008, 12:28 AM
I got some Potassium Hydroxide that came with my kit. The guy just put some in this zip lock bag. It looks like this stuff that is white and is a bunch of little tiny balls. I am going to dump that ocean water crap and try this sodium hydroxide and see how it works with 1 teaspoon to the gallon. I hope thats not too much since my generator has plates which are fairly close.

I am also going to order that meter that I talked about earlier. It is a clamp meter so it should read amps. Someone else in another thread recomended that one.

rizzo30
09-25-2008, 03:44 AM
Well, I tried it out with Potassium Hydroxide. I used one teaspoon per gallon of water which was way too much. It blew my 20 amp fuse lol. Now I am going to try about half of that and see what it does.