PDA

View Full Version : is it bad to use an HHO kit for a semi on a car?

THEhomelessONE
09-22-2008, 09:52 PM
i haven an 85 bmw 735i, i get 4-7 MPG in the city (hills), and around 15 HWY
when i fill up the tank (22gal) it only lasts me about 120-140 miles

i just wanted to know if it would be ok for me to use a kit designed for a semi? and if not, why?

also, would i install the tube feeding the gas between the TB and AFM? (my car doesnt have an MAF, and its a weird kind of AFM bosch made, somewhat more advanced than a normal AFM but not as advanced as a MAF? but it still has the metal flap in there)

thanks

mytoyotasucks
09-22-2008, 11:38 PM
i haven an 85 bmw 735i, i get 4-7 MPG in the city (hills), and around 15 HWY
when i fill up the tank (22gal) it only lasts me about 120-140 miles

i just wanted to know if it would be ok for me to use a kit designed for a semi? and if not, why?

also, would i install the tube feeding the gas between the TB and AFM? (my car doesnt have an MAF, and its a weird kind of AFM bosch made, somewhat more advanced than a normal AFM but not as advanced as a MAF? but it still has the metal flap in there)

thanks

just watch how many amps it pulls.

THEhomelessONE
09-23-2008, 12:16 AM
lol do you mean it as being cautious or like its going to kill my battery?

what can i use to monitor it while im driving in the car?

im sure it will be fine, i run a 15" with 480rms watts and my headlights dont dim at all

what amperage should i try and stay at? what shouldnt i go over or be under?

thanks again

Q-Hack!
09-23-2008, 01:12 AM
Too much amperage will kill your battery.

You can get a fairly inexpensive amp meter designed for your car at the auto parts store. Stick it in line with one of your generator leads.

Don't go above the amperage that your alternator can handle. If it is a stock alternator then usually no more than 20 amps. If you have one of those fancy alternators for car stereos then you can go higher.

THEhomelessONE
09-23-2008, 09:26 AM
eh teh gayness, but alright, i wont go with semi kits, thanks

bigapple
09-23-2008, 05:03 PM
eh teh gayness, but alright, i wont go with semi kits, thanks

itll be able to handle it. id watch the output though cuz too much can be detrimental to ur mpg gains. u can get a 6 dollar auto amp meter at harbor freight. it even has a backlight. its kind of cheep but then again its just an amp meter. it can mount on ur dash or in a glove box or somthing and ur good to go.

it would take alot of power for a generator to kill ur battery and alternator so id check its output since its made for a bigger vehicle. output is kind of like a bell curve. its good to have a solid amount, but too much can reverse ur gains

THEhomelessONE
09-23-2008, 05:09 PM
thankyou

lol its only a 3.4L, not anywhere close to a semi so...

ill just try to build my own from scratch, im currently looking for a link that gives me a list of parts ill need, if you know of any good designs, let me know, thanks again