PDA

View Full Version : Need some help

NFryan
09-22-2008, 08:20 PM
Hey.. Im a newb.. I just installed my HHO kit this weekend. I have a 2002 Nissan sentra Spec-v 4 cyl 2.5L .. I have an after market header which eliminated a pre-cat that was on the stock header so there are 2 O2 sensors on it.. Im not sure if this is correct but.... I install 2 o2 spacers on the header. And my 7 plate hho kit that looks like a PVC water filer... i am adding 2 tsp of baking soda to 1 gallon of water and filling the unit 3/4 of the way.. As of now i have not seen any gains in MPG actually it seems to have gotten worse by a few MPG...but my car seems to have more power. Also my check engine light has come on.... What would my next course of action would be best for me to take next>?
Should i try and efie on my MAF?

And i have a multi meter but am not sure what setting to use to test my current ampeage draw...

Since im new to all this if there is any other info that you need or would help me out please let me know. I drive approx 170 miles a day. And my car without the hho kit got 28 MPG on average. I really want to make this work...

Any info would be much appreciated...

H2OPWR
09-22-2008, 08:40 PM
Your HHO should not make your check engine light come on. It is something you have done to youe O2 sensors. The spacers probaply made the ecm think they were not working. What happens then is the check engine light comes on and your ecm sets your car to limp home mode. That is full rich hence your worse fuel economy. Get rid of the spacers. Find out if you really have O2 sensors or a wideband Air Fuel sensor. They take opposite modification to enhance.

NFryan
09-22-2008, 08:46 PM
Your HHO should not make your check engine light come on. It is something you have done to youe O2 sensors. The spacers probaply made the ecm think they were not working. What happens then is the check engine light comes on and your ecm sets your car to limp home mode. That is full rich hence your worse fuel economy. Get rid of the spacers. Find out if you really have O2 sensors or a wideband Air Fuel sensor. They take opposite modification to enhance.

Yea im sure they are 02 sensors.. It was strange i threw an engine code that didnt put the car into limp mode though.. It was fuel level sensor i think was the exact code... I just dont know why im not seeing any gains at all from my kit.. I would have thought with the spacers alone i should have seen some gain everyone else seems to.. IDk ill look more into the code source again and ill check the O2 sensors again i guess.. Thanks for the help..... any input helps

NFryan
09-22-2008, 08:54 PM
By the way here was the code i threw..

P0462 FUEL LEVEL SENSOR LOW VOLTAGE

seems to be coincidence and not related .. Idk