PDA

View Full Version : will the booster get hot enough to melt my plastic bumper?

pj91gsx
09-22-2008, 07:08 PM
I am going to put the booster on my bumper will the heat cause my bumper to melt or warp?

hygear
09-22-2008, 07:15 PM
I am going to put the booster on my bumper will the heat cause my bumper to melt or warp?

What type design generator do you plan installing?

redneckgearhead34
09-22-2008, 07:15 PM
probably not but I think you should mount it to something a little more substantial. These things can get some wieght to them, especially when water is added.

I am not saying that the bumper is a bad idea, just maybe the front crossbar on the chassis would be a good place to start

pj91gsx
09-22-2008, 07:16 PM
What type design generator do you plan installing?

its smacks booster that I made it is made of pvc pipe is that bad?

redneckgearhead34
09-22-2008, 07:23 PM
actually since you have pvc as your case for your generator the bumper will be perfectly fine from a heat standpoint because pvc is a fairly decent insulator

pj91gsx
09-22-2008, 07:25 PM
perfect, I am going to install this today and hopefully get some result finially. Thanks guys, Ill try to mount this thing too. Thanks again.:)

hygear
09-22-2008, 07:35 PM
its smacks booster that I made it is made of pvc pipe is that bad?

I wouldn't say bad,but what I do know is this generator has been known to suffer runaway heat issues when run for say 2 hours or less.As long as you're not mounting it to the bumper itself and to the metal framework that the bumper mounts on you should be ok.
If you've not built your generator as of yet here's a design that run very cool and efficient.Also given its design makes it easy to find a place to install

http://www.umpquaenergy.com/hydrogengenerator/tero_cell.pdf (http://www.umpquaenergy.com/hydrogengenerator/tero_cell.pdf)

redneckgearhead34
09-22-2008, 07:36 PM
We understand. Its hard straying from what we have believed for all of our life. I am still hesitant because I havent seen any results on my truck. I took about 3 months to find what I want because it is the only truck I have and I dont wanna mess it up

hygear
09-22-2008, 08:03 PM
We understand. Its hard straying from what we have believed for all of our life. I am still hesitant because I havent seen any results on my truck. I took about 3 months to find what I want because it is the only truck I have and I dont wanna mess it up

Rngh34 were you refering to the generator design I posted or something else?

redneckgearhead34
09-22-2008, 09:50 PM
I was referring to everbodies(maybe) skepticism when they first saw something like this and thought it wouldnt work.

Ir at least those were my initial thoughts

hygear
09-22-2008, 10:06 PM
I was referring to everbodies(maybe) skepticism when they first saw something like this and thought it wouldnt work.

Ir at least those were my initial thoughts

They work great I've had mine installed on my truck for months and have good results so far.The only thing I wished I'd done different is built two smaller stock per the plans generators rather than one large one(less amps).I can aways cut the plates in half to do that anytime,I'm not quite done testing the one yet.