PDA

View Full Version : Sourcing container

jtmarten
09-22-2008, 03:48 PM
I'm looking for a 1/2 gal-or-so container for my next cell. I've looked at the 1/2 gal mason jars, but they have the zinc lid. Any reason not to use one with a zinc lid?
I don't want to use a water-resistant electrical box, they're not made to contain water, just keep it out. I don't want to use an acrylic box, as I'll be using KOH.
Thanks!
Jeff

countryboy18
09-22-2008, 04:41 PM
PVC pipe comes in many sizes i have a 15 inch tall 4 inch pipe holdes 2 1/2 liters.

precaster1@msn.com
09-24-2008, 12:33 AM
I have a 4"x 16 " pvc pipe that holds 1 gallon.

gizzy
09-24-2008, 11:12 AM
I made a bubbler out of a thermos cooler. The plastic jug type. What I was having a problem was having too much heat from my engine, I only have so much room to work with. So I had a thermos jug which holds a half gallon. Mounted it with a coffee can mounted then configured were you want your flow tubes located. I drilled out the bottom out of the can to were a fitting can be pushed through attached to your jug. I then filled the inner part of the can around the inside of the jug and coffee can, to add as an additional insulator. Alot of people use pvc pipe but, I been using what I had on hand.... Before this I used a anti-freeze container as this sounds silly. Worked for a little while... That's were I found the heat issue. Before that I had one of those Advance Auto overflow containers that are junk. So I came up with what I was talking about above. Remember I was refering to the plastic thermos insulated jug...GL