PDA

View Full Version : New way of thinking??

donsimpson12
09-22-2008, 02:14 PM
I was on my way into the office this morning thinking about a better solution for HHO creation.. Then it occured to me..

Think about a water molecole H2O as a log that your splitting for the fireplace.

How much energy would it take to pull a piece of a log into two pieces.
Now imaging splitting the wood with an axe or wedge.

It's much easier to focus on one part of the log and split the whole thing as to grabbing each side and ripping it apart..

Just some food for thought..

In our HHO generators we are grabbing onto each side of the log and pulling it apart...

As a test, how can we split as to pull apart.

mytoyotasucks
09-22-2008, 06:00 PM
I was on my way into the office this morning thinking about a better solution for HHO creation.. Then it occured to me..

Think about a water molecole H2O as a log that your splitting for the fireplace.

How much energy would it take to pull a piece of a log into two pieces.
Now imaging splitting the wood with an axe or wedge.

It's much easier to focus on one part of the log and split the whole thing as to grabbing each side and ripping it apart..

Just some food for thought..

In our HHO generators we are grabbing onto each side of the log and pulling it apart...

As a test, how can we split as to pull apart.

its nice to see peeps thinking out side the box, but outside a log cabin!! LOL

DaneDHorstead
09-22-2008, 06:43 PM
its nice to see peeps thinking out side the box, but outside a log cabin!! LOL
Even if you could pry apart hydrogen, and oxygen, they would just rejoin together again, as you didn't change any of the atoms electrical charges. Oxygen is a positively charged atom, and hydrogen is a netatively charged atom (opposites attract, and likes repel).

Electrolysis (and heat) allows the negatively charged atoms to change their electrical charge from negative to positive, without effecting the oxygen atom. This causes the atoms to repell each other, and to flow as a vapor, of unbonded atoms, both being fuel. They can both be present, to some degree, but they do not cling one to the other, as they do in water.

Burning the atoms (now going through a cooling process, after the burn), causes them to reassociate with each other, and to some degree, they exhaust as water.

Without changing the electrical structure of the atoms, you could not keep them apart.

After cooling, the process is reversed, and they again bond.

Note that the atoms are not destroyed, in the burn. They are both elements, of matter, and mater can not be created, or destroyed. The elements are the fundimental building blocks of natute, and all matter. Elements can be combined, into compound elements.

Matter can be altered, but not destroyed (or created).

Q-Hack!
09-22-2008, 06:46 PM
Maybe he is thinking outside the Log Cabin pancake box :p

I am not sure that there is any difference at the molecular level. You apply electricity to break the bond and separate the atoms. It is also possible to do this with a chemical reaction, but it is still just weakening the bond between the atoms to break them apart.

donsimpson12
09-23-2008, 12:37 AM
Actually I'm thinking at the gas pump.. :p

What I've kinda got in mind is to charge with two plates..
+ (something to split) -

Then after the split or the greatly weakened split, they would be in a charged atmosphere where they should repel each other for a bit.. ???

Came up with a couple more ideas...

http://extreme-et.com/hho/Drawing1.jpg

Q-Hack!
09-23-2008, 01:00 AM
Interesting...

If I understand correctly you are looking at using the first pwm to weaken the molecular bond and the second pwm to actually break it apart?

sumdude
09-23-2008, 01:14 AM
See if you understand where im coming from with this:

Reason oxygen and hydrogen bond is:

Oxygen has 6 electrons and 6 protons. Ignore the protons as of now.
Hydrogen has 1 electron in its outshell and only needs one to complete.

In oxygen it needs 2 electrons to complete its outer orbital shell and that is why the 2 hydrogen comes in forming h20. They share the electrons to complete each others shell

Now being that Oxygen is one of the most electronegative element the shared electrons of the 2 hydrogens are being pulled closer to the oxygen leaving hydrogen with a partial positive charge.

So now your looking a partial negative charge Oxygen and 2 partially positive charged Hydrogen.

Now these partial charges are whats going to create a + - field between each h20 molecule and thats whats holding the water together.

So even if there was a way to " split the log" in your sense it would'nt really make any sense as the laws of nature would not allow this to happen.

A more visual example may be; take a glass of water for example. You fill it all the way until it begins to overflow then you stop. It runs of some and then it stops. You get up close and personal ,LOL, with the glass and notice that the water is right at the edge not falling over and but staying at the edge of the glass. Well due to cohesion the water molecules will stick together because of once again the partial positive and negative charge is holding all the water molecules together.

Good thought though.

Q-Hack!
09-23-2008, 01:26 AM
What we are doing is electrolysis, which is using electromagnetic force to rip apart the molecule. Log splitting implies some sort of wedge... like bombarding it with electrons or something. Fission? Don't think we are quite there yet. :)

donsimpson12
09-23-2008, 07:10 AM
What we are doing is electrolysis, which is using electromagnetic force to rip apart the molecule. Log splitting implies some sort of wedge... like bombarding it with electrons or something. Fission? Don't think we are quite there yet. :)

Something along that line is what I'm thinking..

But... I have thoroughly enjoyed reading the other information that SumDude has jumped in and added.. gives me more food for thought..

;-)

donsimpson12
09-23-2008, 07:11 AM
Interesting...

If I understand correctly you are looking at using the first pwm to weaken the molecular bond and the second pwm to actually break it apart?

Kind of....

There are a lot of plate designs but I haven't seen any like what I pictured..
So I thought I would throw it out to see if anyone has tried it yet.