PDA

View Full Version : what size fuse to use and how much electroylzer to use?

pj91gsx
09-21-2008, 03:02 PM
How much baking soda should I use and what fuse to use. thanks!

Q-Hack!
09-21-2008, 03:39 PM
How much baking soda should I use and what fuse to use. thanks!

The answer is... It depends.

What is the configuration of your generator? Most of us use either NaOH (lye) or KOH (potash) instead of baking soda. You get better results and you don't have the brown gunk that baking soda produces. The way to figure out how much to use is to heat your distilled water up to about 130-140 degrees F. then add that to your generator. Slowly add your electrolyte until your amp meter reads 20 amps.

As for what size fuse. This will be determined by how much current you are willing to accept as a drain on your vehicle. Most people use a 30 Amp fuse, but if you have a big truck you may want to go larger. Make sure you use a sufficient AWG wire size for the current you plan on using. For a 30 Amp fuse don't go less than 10 AWG.

pj91gsx
09-21-2008, 05:01 PM
The answer is... It depends.

What is the configuration of your generator? Most of us use either NaOH (lye) or KOH (potash) instead of baking soda. You get better results and you don't have the brown gunk that baking soda produces. The way to figure out how much to use is to heat your distilled water up to about 130-140 degrees F. then add that to your generator. Slowly add your electrolyte until your amp meter reads 20 amps.

As for what size fuse. This will be determined by how much current you are willing to accept as a drain on your vehicle. Most people use a 30 Amp fuse, but if you have a big truck you may want to go larger. Make sure you use a sufficient AWG wire size for the current you plan on using. For a 30 Amp fuse don't go less than 10 AWG.

oh. thanks that helps. I am using the smacks booster. but im going to have to make mine smaller like 10 inches.