PDA

View Full Version : Pictures....nothing special

Wako216
09-19-2008, 06:44 PM
well after thinking building and rethinking it and rebuilding it like five times (everytime i settled on something i read something better here) i give you my first offering, its an eleven plate set up +nnnn-nnnn+ plates are 304 .060 thick roughly 2.5" x 6" spaced with .060 washers, 5/16 nylon hardware holds it together and the washers were cut in a shim maker so there OD is only 1/2" (stock they were almost an inch and seemed to take up to much plate space)

K now for the "tar".... its actually not tar but liquid electrical tape (home depot " $6) its a little tricky to work with cause it wants to glob up, and you need to realize its not gonna go on like a paint but several think coats being dabbed on seems to be the way to go, I set out to build a rock soild setup with a goal of 1 to 1.5 lpm, while im not too worried about amps keeping heat down is a big deal to me, this lead me to thinking about all that stray current just running off the edges, after thinking of ways to keep this from happening i came up with this and while its not the prettiest cell, Im betting most of the current will be forced through the plates which is a main reason i went with four neturals, after I have it set up and i can check voltage I might even add a fifth.I plan to run it in a seal plastic "pasta" canister in a completely flooded system, with electrolyte coming into the canister through a barb fitting on the bottom and leaving the top of the can through a hose running to a reservoir where the gas can be captured and the water will leave to run through a large SS 3" pipe with capped ends to be cooled then through a fuel pump and back to the canister. k well i welcome your questions and remember I still havent even hooked it up yet so I dont know about output, if you got a guess Id love to hear it. and please be easy on me its my first attempt lol,

EltonBrandd
09-20-2008, 01:53 AM
I'm interested to see about the output as well as current draw. I think you are pretty ambitious with the cooling system. I don't personally think you'll need it. Very few people use them, if your cell gets hot enough to use one then something is wrong. Good luck, I'd like to know how it works with the tar, next time run it without the tar first so you can compare.

Wako216
09-20-2008, 05:03 PM
yeah I know I should of, but I got a six month old and the cell was ready to go and I had very little time, when people at work started asking how it was going i figured i owed it to them and to myself to at least make some progress, I think tonight Im gonna buy the threaded rod so I can at least begin conditioning the cell with a low amperage battery charger. and the cooling system started out just as that a cooling system but the more i think about it i think your right and Im just gonna eliminate the pump (one more thing to break) and just use the tubes as reservoirs and let the thermal current do the rest, Im thinking if I can get about two gallons in the system i should never have a problem with it.

H2OPWR
09-20-2008, 06:08 PM
You might try switching the wires so you have 2 negative and one positively charged plates. There is twice as much hydrogen in water as oxygen. The big challenge is to get the bubbles to release from the plates to get surface area freed up to make more hho. Also completely sealung the sides og the plates to keep down current leakage at a minimum will help effeciency.

EltonBrandd
09-21-2008, 11:47 AM
yeah I know I should of, but I got a six month old and the cell was ready to go and I had very little time, when people at work started asking how it was going i figured i owed it to them and to myself to at least make some progress, I think tonight Im gonna buy the threaded rod so I can at least begin conditioning the cell with a low amperage battery charger. and the cooling system started out just as that a cooling system but the more i think about it i think your right and Im just gonna eliminate the pump (one more thing to break) and just use the tubes as reservoirs and let the thermal current do the rest, Im thinking if I can get about two gallons in the system i should never have a problem with it.

You should look in to running a saturated system. It uses the same thermal circulation effect. I'm switching to one soon.

Wako216
09-21-2008, 02:11 PM
would that be the same as a flooded system?

EltonBrandd
09-22-2008, 12:29 AM
Yes, it is the same as flooded.