PDA

View Full Version : bubbler or no bubbler

naveed
09-18-2008, 10:31 PM
I just wanted to find out why some kits people build have bubblers and others don't. Is it necessary to have a bubbler and what is its purpose. The plans I have seen online don't call for a bubbler. Any input on this?

Boltazar
09-18-2008, 10:43 PM
They are a safety factor between the generator and the engine, you need one, don't be penny wise and stupid. They also clean the HHO of foreign matter

naveed
09-19-2008, 01:42 AM
So the tube that goes from the bubber to the intake should I also install a check valve to act as a flashback arrestor?

Boltazar
09-19-2008, 05:48 AM
A check valve won't act as a flame arrestor hydrogen burns that fast. Just use a bubbler after the generator befor the air intake.

ridelong
09-19-2008, 06:32 AM
I stopped using a bubbler about 3 months ago. I replaced it with a flame supressor. It is a tube filled with brass wool. Plenty of examples on youtube.

I found that the bubbler reduced the gains I got with HHO. I think the water vapor adds to the gains in mpg.

Always put some form of flame stopper between your engine and your gen.

VanHalen
09-19-2008, 11:14 PM
I just wanted to find out why some kits people build have bubblers and others don't. Is it necessary to have a bubbler and what is its purpose. The plans I have seen online don't call for a bubbler. Any input on this?
If the engine backfires, it could send a hydrogen flame down the tube to your generator and hit the big hydrogen reservoir. Basically if a spark ignites the HHO and goes the wrong way, as in too your generator, it will go BOOM. A bubbler will act as a flashback arrestor and stop the flame when it reaches the bubbler. Instead of bang, you get fzzzz.

countryboy18
09-19-2008, 11:30 PM
can you have a blow out valve or a pop top that will blow when there is a flash back?

VanHalen
09-20-2008, 01:10 AM
Seems like it would work, but why take the chance in my opinion of something going wrong. O K i pops the cap, but maybe the force still bends your plates or splits your plastic bolts and such.

tinkit
10-01-2008, 11:31 PM
What about a one way valve?

tinkit
10-08-2008, 04:41 PM
I used a small peanut jar. Filled have with water.One line going to the bottom of the jar and one half inch in jar that goes to the intake. Make sure to use goop to seal.
Tinkit

HHOhoper
10-09-2008, 06:27 PM
I believe a bubbler is a very cheap, simple, and easy component that provides several benefits. I would say that main benefit is filtering the HHO and vapor that comes out of your cell/generator. Many say that the electrolyte will stay in the solution, but this has been found out to be false. A bubbler is a good way to make sure that the electrolyte doesn't make it to your engine which can be very harmful depending on what you're using.
Personally, I would never run HHO without a bubbler.

Painless
10-09-2008, 06:31 PM
Running an HHO system without a bubbler is like wearing chain-mail trousers without underpants.

Someone's going to get hurt where it counts.