PDA

View Full Version : Hydrogen only

Boltazar
09-16-2008, 10:44 PM
Has anyone tried running a engine with a hydrogen booster only. From the cells we use could the oxygen be vented off and just the h added to the intake? No sensor tweeking then.

Roland Jacques
09-17-2008, 08:42 AM
Judging form the test ive read and seen on video.

Your O2 sensor is not reacting to the O2 of the HHO. The hydrogen is responable for the high O2in the exhaust.
If you Just Add striaght O2 to your intake (in small quainities under 10 LPM for a v8...) your O2 sensor will not even change. we are adding way less than that.

hydrotinkerer
09-17-2008, 07:24 PM
Has anyone tried running a engine with a hydrogen booster only. From the cells we use could the oxygen be vented off and just the h added to the intake? No sensor tweeking then.

Working in a series H2 only cell right now. Might have it done by the weekend(I hope).

Cadillac
09-17-2008, 09:45 PM
Use methanol. No free oxygen in the mix.

Boltazar
09-17-2008, 10:04 PM
Judging form the test ive read and seen on video.

Your O2 sensor is not reacting to the O2 of the HHO. The hydrogen is responable for the high O2in the exhaust.
If you Just Add striaght O2 to your intake (in small quainities under 10 LPM for a v8...) your O2 sensor will not even change. we are adding way less than that.

I can't see how that's possiable, care to explain your reasoning

Boltazar
09-17-2008, 10:06 PM
Working in a series H2 only cell right now. Might have it done by the weekend(I hope).

I'd like to see your design, this sounds like a good idea and I'm going to stew on this idea for a while. Any other out of the box thinkers out there

precaster1@msn.com
09-17-2008, 11:04 PM
Use methanol. No free oxygen in the mix.

That sounds interesting, tell us more. Do you use it?

Cadillac
09-17-2008, 11:26 PM
That sounds interesting, tell us more. Do you use it?

Yes.

See this link. (www.methanol.org/pdf/JPL_DMFC.pdf) Look at figure 3. Same basic set-up as a lot of HHO guys.