PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting carb??

jcbarton
09-15-2008, 10:42 PM
I have installed a 7 plate cell in my 87 wrangler w/ a weber carb. From what I understand and have read in order to lean out the fuel ratio I need to adjust the carb/jets until the engine "stumbles" and then back off a little. Does everyone agree? My question is if you lean it out wont it be hard to start when it is cold?? On cold starts The cell would not have time to produce the HHO and the fuel ratio would be too low and if the ratio is set high to have an easy cold start then you lose the fuel savings from the HHO. any ideas, suggestions?? PLEASE HELP! THANKS!

mytoyotasucks
09-16-2008, 02:26 AM
I have installed a 7 plate cell in my 87 wrangler w/ a weber carb. From what I understand and have read in order to lean out the fuel ratio I need to adjust the carb/jets until the engine "stumbles" and then back off a little. Does everyone agree? My question is if you lean it out wont it be hard to start when it is cold?? On cold starts The cell would not have time to produce the HHO and the fuel ratio would be too low and if the ratio is set high to have an easy cold start then you lose the fuel savings from the HHO. any ideas, suggestions?? PLEASE HELP! THANKS!

i wouldnt lean out the idle jets, u would need to put smaller main jets in to compensate for the hho as u drive.
u might have to adjust idle but not too much.

VanHalen
09-19-2008, 11:17 AM
Wrap your o2 sensors in aluminum foil. From what I understand it will keep your o2 sensors from leaning out gas mixture due to your exhaust running cleaner.

H2OPWR
09-21-2008, 01:46 PM
With a carb you should not have to do much to see gains as long as your cell produces enough HHO. Your gasoline will burn more completely giving you more power. You will simply not be pushing the gas pedal as far. If you lean out your carb too far you risk burning pistons and an expensive overhaul. Unlike cars with efei the ecm on your car does not have control over the air/fuel mixture. My suggestion would to replace the carb with a smaller one if you do not see gains in fuel economy. The risk is less power.

redneckgearhead34
09-22-2008, 03:35 PM
Your carb should have an automatic choke on it and that should be fine.