PDA

View Full Version : New Member-Couple simple questions

HHOinKY
09-14-2008, 02:58 AM
I guess they'll be simple.

1. I don't truly understand the "neutral" plates. Are these neither positively or negatively charged (this is how I understood it)? I seen a site that said something diffrent, but I'm not sure what the site was.

2. Plate the best design?

3. Fewer big plates, or tons of small?

4. What to expect on the first installation? No change until o2 extenders/PWM/potentiometers installed?

5. Whats the best MPG gain you've achieved?

6. Anyone ever installed the system on a 3.2L V6 in a Isuzu Trooper/Rodeo/Honda Passport?

Thanks,
HHOinKY
(Mitch)

Painless
09-14-2008, 07:59 AM
1. I don't truly understand the "neutral" plates. Are these neither positively or negatively charged (this is how I understood it)? I seen a site that said something diffrent, but I'm not sure what the site was.

Neutral plates are those that are not directly connected to your power source, their only source of power is through your electrolyte. The name 'neutral plate' is a bit confusing. A neutral plate is actually positively charged one side and negatively charged the other.

2. Plate the best design?

You will find many opinions here, but personally, a dry cell design is the most efficient as well as taking up less space. Take a look at sidyoung's videos on youtube.

3. Fewer big plates, or tons of small?

Surface area is key to maximising production, however many plates depends on how much production you want and what you want to spend. What is more important is ensuring that you keep your voltage to between 1.5 and 2 volts per plate. This will minimize current waste generating heat.

4. What to expect on the first installation? No change until o2 extenders/PWM/potentiometers installed?

Depends on your vehicle, some see small gains immediately, some later on find the computer gets wise and back tracks their gains. It's just a case of install it and see what happens. Step by step.

5. Whats the best MPG gain you've achieved?

Haven't installed my cell yet, plenty of others here with good results though. Read the testimonials thread in General Discussion.

6. Anyone ever installed the system on a 3.2L V6 in a Isuzu Trooper/Rodeo/Honda Passport?

Not personally.

Welcome to the forum and good luck! :)

HHOinKY
09-16-2008, 10:03 AM
Thanks, I'll be finishing my system soon, and will try to post my results as accurately as possible.