PDA

View Full Version : Hydrogen Peroxide Additive?

Tremorfalcon
09-13-2008, 02:02 PM
Well, I'm new to this forum but I've been experimenting with HHO for a long time. However I've learned WAY more on here than I ever have by myself. But I was just sitting here when this idea came to me. We use water H20 to make oxyhydrogen. Couldn't we add some Hydrogen Peroxide to the mix to output a bit more oxyhydrogen? I wonder if it would work as an electrolyte...I doubt it but it'd be nice if it did work.

So, what do you guys think about adding Hydrogen Peroxide to the water to increase oxyhydrogen production?

Chris65
09-13-2008, 04:13 PM
Well, I'm new to this forum but I've been experimenting with HHO for a long time. However I've learned WAY more on here than I ever have by myself. But I was just sitting here when this idea came to me. We use water H20 to make oxyhydrogen. Couldn't we add some Hydrogen Peroxide to the mix to output a bit more oxyhydrogen? I wonder if it would work as an electrolyte...I doubt it but it'd be nice if it did work.

So, what do you guys think about adding Hydrogen Peroxide to the water to increase oxyhydrogen production?

I have read several articles about people trying peroxide, but none with favorable results. I thought about it also. The problem with peroxide is that it breaks down rapidly in the exact conditions that exist inside a HHO generator. Heat and caustic solutions break it down rapidly. Light also braks down peroxide, which is why you always se it in the brown bottle at the drugstore. The drugstore peroxide is about 3% peroxide solution in water. High concentrations of peroxide are actually used to power rockets and torpedoes, but the stuff is very unpredictable, and probably not available to the general public.

Tremorfalcon
09-13-2008, 06:32 PM
Ah alright, I completely forgot about it being broken down by light. Didn't know it was only 3% though. So I guess even if it made a 0.1% increase it still wouldnt be cost effective. So I guess thats out as an additive.