PDA

View Full Version : o2 question

hhocavalier
09-12-2008, 11:32 PM
hello all, im new to the forum but have been experimenting for a few weeks. i build a cell for my car, 10 plate,.15cm spacing and the firt week has been interesting. the first day in the car, running only water i was making 1lpm at about 10 amps. then i tryed adding baking soda and every things went south, it foamed up and was pulling enuff amps to blow a 40 amp fuse. not to mention the ugly red film in the water. so i flushed the cell and went back to just water. now today i started playing with just a very small" just a few granules" of lye and wow. my amps jumped from 14 "all wormed up" to near 40. ya i know this is way to high but i have to be pushing 2lpm,"not measered, just a estament". so ill proble flush again and use about half as much.

so any way down to my questions,

first off, i was told if you make to much hho the o2 sencer will try and add more fuel to lean the mix

second off, is it a good idea to run a pump and cooler to cool the water in the cell? i was thinking if i could keep the cell cool i could use higher amps and make more hho if i dont have to worry about the cell boiling.

any input would be grate, im learning as i experiment. so teach me, thanks

hhocavalier
09-12-2008, 11:52 PM
ok so iv been reading around the site a lil and so all i have is an o2 no maf so what is it that the hho will do and what do i do to ajust

hydrotinkerer
09-13-2008, 10:51 AM
First thing is get a good measurement of how much gas your cell actually produces. You also need a way to measure amp draw. Clean your cell out and measure Naoh by grains till you get the amp pull you want. Cold amp and hot amp pull are different. Hope that helps.

DaneDHorstead
09-13-2008, 11:15 AM
hello all, im new to the forum but have been experimenting for a few weeks. i build a cell for my car, 10 plate,.15cm spacing and the firt week has been interesting. the first day in the car, running only water i was making 1lpm at about 10 amps. then i tryed adding baking soda and every things went south, it foamed up and was pulling enuff amps to blow a 40 amp fuse. not to mention the ugly red film in the water. so i flushed the cell and went back to just water. now today i started playing with just a very small" just a few granules" of lye and wow. my amps jumped from 14 "all wormed up" to near 40. ya i know this is way to high but i have to be pushing 2lpm,"not measered, just a estament". so ill proble flush again and use about half as much.

so any way down to my questions,

first off, i was told if you make to much hho the o2 sencer will try and add more fuel to lean the mix

second off, is it a good idea to run a pump and cooler to cool the water in the cell? i was thinking if i could keep the cell cool i could use higher amps and make more hho if i dont have to worry about the cell boiling.

any input would be grate, im learning as i experiment. so teach me, thanks
hhocavalier;

The o2 sensor tells the computer to add fue, enriching the air.fuel mixture (not leaning it).

If you car has an onboard computer (anymore, most do), you need to use a MAP/MAF Sensor enhancer, or an EFIE device, to fool the onboard computer.

If you car is a 1996, or newer model, you will have one of the devices, and need to trick it, or you could actually consume more gas with the HHO system, than without it.

EltonBrandd
09-13-2008, 12:18 PM
If you are producing 1lpm at 10 amps with no catalyst I wouldn't use any catalyst. Somehow it sounds like something is slightly wrong. Most people dream of building a generator that efficient. Gather all the facts and post them in the general posts, then you will get lots of feedback. Good luck

DaneDHorstead
09-13-2008, 12:32 PM
Seashepard;

I agree, that people would damned near kill, to get 1 LPM from a generator with no catalyst, at all, and hold it to 10 amps.

I wouldn't go as far, as to say it's impossible, but I'd love to know his secret.

hhocavalier
09-14-2008, 01:25 PM
ok so it does have a map sencer that i couldent see. so the cell, well i build it out of 4"*8"*1/8 ss plates, i used a.15cm spacing, all 4 gauge wire running threw a silanode switch on via switch under the dash that i also wired threw an ignition switched relay so it cant be left on. at first i used some much thinner ss plate but had problems with worping. i know 1/8 is thick but i build it to be durable. its 10 plates +-+-+-+-+-. I have an oms meeter and i measured its output with a bottel in a bucket meathed. i will flush it today and maybe run one more test to be sure im not lieing to you.

but back to my problem, so can i get the ajuster for the map and leave the o2 alone or do i have to play with both.

also some one said ill use more fuel with hho and no ajustments ? is that onec you get to a point or is that no matter how much hho you make

DaneDHorstead
09-14-2008, 04:25 PM
ok so it does have a map sencer that i couldent see. so the cell, well i build it out of 4"*8"*1/8 ss plates, i used a.15cm spacing, all 4 gauge wire running threw a silanode switch on via switch under the dash that i also wired threw an ignition switched relay so it cant be left on. at first i used some much thinner ss plate but had problems with worping. i know 1/8 is thick but i build it to be durable. its 10 plates +-+-+-+-+-. I have an oms meeter and i measured its output with a bottel in a bucket meathed. i will flush it today and maybe run one more test to be sure im not lieing to you.

but back to my problem, so can i get the ajuster for the map and leave the o2 alone or do i have to play with both.

also some one said ill use more fuel with hho and no ajustments ? is that onec you get to a point or is that no matter how much hho you make
Cavalier

You will need both the O2 extender (possibly 2), and the MAP Sensor enhancer

As for O2 extenders, if your car in a V configuration (V6 or V8), you most likely need two.

If a straight 4, or straight 6, you only need one. While that might not hold true for all cars, it's true of most.

I would go to an auto parts store, and get the Haynes repair manual, for your car (usually $20.00 or less). In it, you will find the wireing diagrams, for your car, and it will give you the color code for the wires going to the MAP sensor, and tell you which one you need to cut.

The MAP Sensor itself is usually mounted right at the throttle body, or very close to it. Again, the book will show you where it is.

As an example, one wire will have a 5 volt supply, and the book will tell you it's color, and stripe. That wire is to be cut, and be spliced to the red wire going into the MAP Enhancer, the black wire, of the enhancer connects to the other half of the cut wire, and the third wire goes to ground.

Note that some people build the enhancers, so the black wire is ground, and green connects to the second half of the cut wire.

Your enhancer should come with wireing diagrams.

hhocavalier
09-14-2008, 10:45 PM
ok i have the book already, thats how i found out what sencers i have. i have 2 02 sencers and the map. so first off how do i build the enhancer, and secondly i have seen were some people pull out the o2 and rap it in alum fole, is this an ok practice or do i need the extenders. if so weres the best price on them. thank you your a huge help

DaneDHorstead
09-15-2008, 06:25 PM
ok i have the book already, thats how i found out what sencers i have. i have 2 02 sencers and the map. so first off how do i build the enhancer, and secondly i have seen were some people pull out the o2 and rap it in alum fole, is this an ok practice or do i need the extenders. if so weres the best price on them. thank you your a huge help
I would love to sell you 02 extenders, at just $3.50 each,retail, or $2.50 ea, wholesale, but they are still in production, and I wont have them for two months yet! Wholesale price is based on 100 unit purchase.

You can get all you want, on ebay, but will pay an approx six dollars each, plus shipping cost.

I am having two thousand of the o2 extenders made, and a thousand plate assemblies (17 plates each, pictured above) plates will sell for for $32.00 each (assembly) in wholesale lots of 100 units, or will retail at $58.00 per set.

Of a thousand sets (first order) 700 are already spoken for, but I will put more in production, on receipt of funds.

Note that I do not accept funds, until I have the inventory in hand.

But, I will reserve goods, for people wanting to do wholesale business.

My aim, is to provide quality parts, at very reasonable prices, but I for the most part, want to remain a wholesale dealer.

Note that I did not join this forum to sell my goods, but rather to partake in the knowlege, that flows like water.

But, you ask, and I tell you that I will have them, relatively soon.

DaneDHorstead
09-15-2008, 06:34 PM
I would love to sell you 02 extenders, at just $3.50 each,retail, or $2.50 ea, wholesale, but they are still in production, and I wont have them for two months yet! Wholesale price is based on 100 unit purchase.

You can get all you want, on ebay, but will pay an approx six dollars each, plus shipping cost.

I am having two thousand of the o2 extenders made, and a thousand plate assemblies (17 plates each, pictured above) plates will sell for for $32.00 each (assembly) in wholesale lots of 100 units, or will retail at $58.00 per set.

Of a thousand sets (first order) 700 are already spoken for, but I will put more in production, on receipt of funds.

Note that I do not accept funds, until I have the inventory in hand.

But, I will reserve goods, for people wanting to do wholesale business.

My aim, is to provide quality parts, at very reasonable prices, but I for the most part, want to remain a wholesale dealer.

Note that I did not join this forum to sell my goods, but rather to partake in the knowlege, that flows like water.

But, you ask, and I tell you that I will have them, relatively soon.
Cavalier;

I forgot to mention, the enhancers.......

Currently, I am not manufacturing them (but, I'm looking into it).

Enhancers are relatively easy to build, if you can find the right parts. They basicly consist of potentiometers, resistors, and a few switches, in a plastic box.

The large problem is getting the right parts, because so many people are building them.

I have people looking into producing them by the thousands, but right now, my available funds are tied up with electrode assemblies, and 02 extenders.

But, if you have the funds, I have the contacts to produce just about anything you want!

Orders however, are by the thousand, or not at all.

hhocavalier
09-16-2008, 12:13 AM
ill ba watching for when you get the o2 extenders but for the time being, dose someone have a diagram for the enhancer? i can build it but some directions would be great

DaneDHorstead
09-16-2008, 09:33 AM
ill ba watching for when you get the o2 extenders but for the time being, dose someone have a diagram for the enhancer? i can build it but some directions would be great
I don't have a diagram.

I purchased 4 units, three for my two jeeps, and cougar, and I sent the 4th overseas to be coppied.

I did however take a photo of the inside, and can send it, if I have an e-mail address to send to.

The pictures (2) can be enlarged, to see all you can see with the naked eye.

Picture is of inside, and outside.

scrode
09-16-2008, 12:21 PM
map enhancer diagrams (http://hhoencyclopaedia.net/hho/diagrams/Map%20sensor%20adjuster%20enhancer%20schematic.pdf )

hhocavalier
09-16-2008, 07:21 PM
yes!! you are great, thank both of you, i would still like to see the pics you have. ill pm you my email.

so the potentiometer, i can find that at like radeoshack?

DaneDHorstead
09-16-2008, 07:46 PM
Local radio shack stors are likely to be out of them, but the company has a website, where you can order from their distribution center.. I don't know the web address, but it would be easy to search google for it.

hhocavalier
09-17-2008, 08:28 PM
i picked up all the parts today, thanks for all the help. will just the map work with out touching the 02 for the time being?

DaneDHorstead
09-21-2008, 06:45 PM
i picked up all the parts today, thanks for all the help. will just the map work with out touching the 02 for the time being?
Many people use a MAP enhancer, without spacing out the o2 sensor. But the o2 sensor will be more responsive to increased oxygen in the exhaust, and it will still try to readjust fule to air mixture, even if it is dialed down by the enhancer.

The 02 extender cost just a few dollars, and is not worth passing up!