PDA

View Full Version : bubbler diagrams

Hawaiian
09-12-2008, 08:32 PM
Hello does anyone have a diagram of their bubbler they sould share?

EltonBrandd
09-13-2008, 12:08 PM
My first bubbler was just a Gatorade bottle with 2 barb fitting in the lid, sealed with goop, and a hose attached to one of the barbs traveling to the bottom of the bottle. The other barb on the lid goes to the engine. Looks ghetto but works fine with minimal investment.

Hawaiian
09-14-2008, 01:10 AM
Thanks for the info. Did you have your bubbler hooked up to the vac line or the intake? I made one of a vitamin water bottel with 2 barbed elbows on the top. One of the elbows was attached to tubing going to the bottom of the bubbler, this line was attached to my generator outlet, the other was feeding the gas from the bubbler to the vac line. My problem was the vac line was so strong it crushed the bottel and sucked up water.

EltonBrandd
09-14-2008, 01:37 AM
You should never use vacuum. I ran it to my air cleaner housing, right next to the throttle plate.

jtmarten
09-17-2008, 05:28 PM
You should never use vacuum. I ran it to my air cleaner housing, right next to the throttle plate.

Why? They're both vacuum, just one is stronger than the other (at idle at least). I have lines going to vac and to my air filter housing, but only using the vac line now.
Does running one vs the other make a significant difference in mileage increase? Or is it just a safety issue to reduce the risk of pulling water into the engine and hydrolocking it?
I've been considering changing from the vac line to the air filter housing.
Just curious 'cause I've seen posts saying each is better than the other.
Thanks!

ridelong
09-17-2008, 07:58 PM
I am running the HHO into the intake (high vacuum) side now. A flowmeter reads 1.5 liters/min at 6 amps. The same generator reads .4 liters on the upstream of the butterfly.

Does it get you better mileage? My best is on upstream of butterfly (30.8 mpg.). Presently getting about 29 mpg on intake side.

I think I am going to move back to the upstream of the butterfly to reconfirm my results.