PDA

View Full Version : Which is best

ThumperTDC
09-12-2008, 08:30 PM
Hello,

I am new to this stuff, but since seeing something on my local news about 2 months ago I can't stop find more information. I am wanting to build my own set up but am still trying to convince my wife it won't harm my truck...............she thinks it will blow it up............lol.

I was initally thinking of doing the water4gas set up since that was what I first saw on my local news. Further in my research I came across the Smacks booster. About a week ago I came across the Twister cell which to me looks like it would produce alot more HHO.

I have a 99 GMC 2500 4x4 with a 6.0L gasser. I am getting anywhere between 12 to 16 mpg mixed city and highway. Pulling a large horse trailer I am constantly getting right at 10mpg. I already have a scan gauge 2 and that has helped my driving habits to maximize my MPG.

From what I have read to get the best mileage one needs a efie and a PWM setup, but thats not in the budget at the moment, maybe later on down the road.

If I could see a gain of 5mpg with a booster alone I will be happy. So for those with more experience in this subject which one would be the best for what I am wanting to do?

Thanks,
Tony

ThumperTDC
09-17-2008, 12:02 PM
Well, I guess I will have to do this by figuring it out myself

Farmercal
09-17-2008, 12:38 PM
ThumperTDC, I would recomend starting with a smacks design since so many people have had some success with that type of booster. I tried two different Water4Gas designs that failed to work properly (the wires kept melting the frames).

A dry cell is probably the best but takes a lot of planning precise cutting, etc.

Riddler250
09-17-2008, 02:19 PM
Some people on here say that the smacks design has a problem with heat, but it seems to be a good place to start. Im installing my smacks this weekend on my chevy taho with a 350ci 5.7 liter v8. 5mpg seems very possible sine people are here are claiming around 30% increase, good luck. There is tons of good info on this site.

ThumperTDC
09-17-2008, 08:18 PM
Thanks for the input. As for the heat issue, it wouldn't be hard to hook up a small cooler like some folks have been doing on youtube to keep the fluid cooler.

I was initially going to go with the Smaks booster, but after seeing some "twister" cells on youtube, other than going with a dry cell, this seems like a better way to go and still get good production.

The dry cell would be sweet to do, but looking at it, right now it might be alittle more spendy for my first time building one. Maybe later on after I get my feet wet with this.

redneckgearhead34
09-18-2008, 11:04 AM
One thing i have to say is make sure you conditon your cell properly. I have heard that it makes a huge difference in efficiency. I have not had the chance to properly conditon one so I have no experience towards this subject