PDA

View Full Version : My trials and not so scientific results

Checkmate240ZT
09-10-2008, 10:11 PM
I have built my 3rd cell now and just wanted to post my not so technical results. First cell I built was the standard wall plate deal and made a 6 plate set-up with the P-N-P-N-P… and output was around 23LPH measured with a ½ liter measuring cup upside down in the bucket trick. Got hot real quick and I was using baking soda.
Second cell was the Smack design and I have to say it does work pretty well and my construction was very close to the detailed instructions you can find on the net or his web site. Output was around 41LHP but again it got a little hot after around 20 minutes or so and I did switch to potassium hydroxide vs. the baking soda. Added a PWM and it did keep the heat down but also the output was down, not what I was looking for.
The set-up I have built now was a seven cell unit that I backed-off to six cells and I have somewhat isolated each cell but not completely. With seven cells there was not enough voltage to get much out of it and going to six really made it jump up to what I think is pretty good at 81 LPH at a little less then 14amps and the biggest think is it stays cool. Can fill the measuring cup up in 22 seconds. Hooked it up direct to the battery of my truck while it was running and the output looks to be even higher but I have yet to measure it.
I’m now trying straight tap water and going to condition the plates for a couple of weeks and see what happens. Only a small amount is coming out now but is get higher and higher as I go along.
Each cell has 3 plates so 18 plates total and I will post some pictures if I can (have never done it here).
Hope this helps someone somewhere.

countryboy18
09-10-2008, 10:34 PM
nice job congrats. can wait to see some pics and some video!

Checkmate240ZT
09-10-2008, 10:47 PM
I will try to get some pictures to the res. that you can post and maybe even a vid.

Haywire Haywood
09-11-2008, 04:59 AM
How large are your plates and in what config? +-+ or +n-

Most use LPM for their output rate instead of LPH. You're forcing me to do math at 5am and the brain is protesting.. LOL

Ian

Checkmate240ZT
09-11-2008, 07:40 AM
Sorry about the math thing. To measure I use a 500ml measuring cup as I posted above and can fill it to that level in 22 seconds so 0.5 liters / 22 seconds = .0227 liters per second x 60 seconds = 1.3636... liters per minute x 60 = 81.81 liters per hour.
I took the average of four measurements in a row using a stop watch and the not so accurate eye to see when I filled to the 500ml volume. My PWM has the amp meter on it to measure the amps. I have also checked with just a battery charger and amp draw was around 14 amps. When I hooked it up to my truck while running I did that direct and did not measure the output or amps. Big think is it did not get hot.
I'll try to attach a picture of how I set-up the cells tonight. Thanks for asking questions. I've done a lot of reseach on the internet and made the mistake of buying the Run Your Car On Water book when I could have downloaded it for free. There is a very good link that I'm sure is posted here somewhere on the basic set-up I made and it covers most of the cell designs, smack... This one on 12-14 volts was one of the top producers other then kicking up to 115 volts and switching back to dc current.

Checkmate240ZT
09-11-2008, 08:57 AM
http://www.free-energy-info.co.uk/Chapter10.pdf

Link to the type of cell I built. Page 10-33

Checkmate240ZT
09-11-2008, 09:02 PM
Hope these pictures turn out.

Checkmate240ZT
09-14-2008, 09:18 PM
Just installed the cell on my 2006 Dodge Ram with the Cummis diesel. Had to mount the unit in the bed of the truck because it is too large for the engine compartment. I thought maybe distance may have something to do with how well it would work so I put around 20’ of ¼” hose on it and hooked it up on the bench. Did not see any change on how the bubbles in a bucket of water would go off while igniting them with a torch compared to a shorter hose. Again, not very scientific.
I would guess wiring would have a greater effect on output due to the distance from the source and the voltage drop that would occur so I went with 6 gauge positive wire running off the battery to a circuit breaker and then to a riding lawnmower starter solenoid. Negative was off the frame. Worked great and for about 15 minutes and then the solenoid heated up so bad that is welded closed and would not shut off. Looks like they are not continuous duty, duh. Had another one laying around and just having it engaged without any load it got way too hot.
So now I have two Bosh SPDT 30 amp relays wired to get me by until I can get a single big one. The cell is only drawing around 14 amps but I always want to be safe and yep, I over-do everything.
For the 15 minutes I was driving before I had to disconnect the solenoid I was seeing an increase in mileage the further I drove after resetting the overhead gauge when I took off.
Going down the highway like I was I have never seen an increase before so maybe this thing will do something? Will know more after some more miles.