PDA

View Full Version : Bubblers

gizzy
09-10-2008, 09:07 AM
Is there such a thing as a rule for a bubbler. Currently I have a gallon bubbler, that in the bubbler I have it about 3/4 full. In my generator I have .75 liter. Am I using too much volume of electrolite? I also noticed the lower your fluid level the more bubbles it seems to make. Has anyone noticed this also?:confused: Then the water gets much warmer.

bigapple
09-10-2008, 11:07 AM
Is there such a thing as a rule for a bubbler. Currently I have a gallon bubbler, that in the bubbler I have it about 3/4 full. In my generator I have .75 liter. Am I using too much volume of electrolite? I also noticed the lower your fluid level the more bubbles it seems to make. Has anyone noticed this also?:confused: Then the water gets much warmer.

the size of ur bubbler isnt really that important but think about it from a physics standpoint

if u have a completely sealed cell, u will get the same amount of bubbles no matter how deep the tube is in the water. if u have a leak in ur cell, the deeper u put the tube, the fewer bubbles will result. this is because it takes more pressure for the gas to force the water out of the tube for it to bubble. if u have a small hole in ur cell, that hole becomes a huge leak when ur producing alot of hydroxy and u have a deep bubbler. the water gets warmer because the cell heats up and puts out warm gas. if u touch the gas output line about 30 minutes after highway driving, you will see that it gets very hot

id say get a smaller container to decrease the backpressure of ur gas output line. the bubbler serves two purposes. 1 is to prevent flashback and 2 is to filter out impurities from ur hyrdoxy gas. the size really doesnt matter as long as the tube is low enough in the water to make bubbles that are completely separate from each other. thats about all it takes

gizzy
09-10-2008, 11:16 AM
I was just wondering about that. The only reason I asked that is because I didn't think it was producing as much... Thanks for that info..