PDA

View Full Version : Plans for a "dry" cell??

EdCaffreyMS
09-09-2008, 11:33 PM
I saw this on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/H20-Fuel-Systems-Dry-Cell-HHO-Fuel-Cell-System_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1163Q7c39Q 3a1Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c240Q3a1318QQ_trksidZp3286 Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem130253775133QQitemZ130253775 133

It looks like a clean design, and I found it interesting. I personally think the guy is way over priced, but hey, its his deal. The thing that I can't figure out is the wiring, and the pattern of the holes in the plates. My thoughts tell me that in order for it to work, there must be a specific pattern to the holes through the plates....but I'm not sure just what that pattern would be. I'm thinking that the holes are going to have to be "stepped" up and down each successive plate in order to get full benefit of gas production...... am I thinking correctly?

Does anybody have any experience with this type of cell, or know where plans for it could be found?

After my latest incarnation of the Smack's design, this seems like the next logical step for me.

overtaker
09-09-2008, 11:46 PM
There are things I like and things I don't like about this design. What I don't like is having over 20 seals to worry about leaking. Cool looking cell though and nice disclaimer. :D

EdCaffreyMS
09-09-2008, 11:57 PM
I agree! Having that many seals is certainly upping your odds of leaks. My biggest issue to date has been excessive heat, which I'm thinking this design might help solve. Just have to figure out the internals.

BoyntonStu
09-10-2008, 07:31 AM
I agree! Having that many seals is certainly upping your odds of leaks. My biggest issue to date has been excessive heat, which I'm thinking this design might help solve. Just have to figure out the internals.

The play off is number of cells/gaskets and heat.

I would use fewer cells and let the electrolyte tank and/or cooler take care of the heat.

In a typical wet cell how many gaskets/seals are there to worry about?

BoyntonStu

EdCaffreyMS
09-10-2008, 08:54 AM
That was my line of thinking.....the tank would become somewhat of a heat exchanger, helping to keep both the cell and the electrolyte cooler. From what I can tell about the one I posted in the link, there are 21 plates, which I'm guessing would mean 21-23 gaskets?

As I mentioned, my hang up right now is not knowing the hole configuration through the plates, nor completely understanding how the electrical is hooked up. Any ideas?

hydrotinkerer
09-10-2008, 03:36 PM
Here are the plans: Tero cell. I am in the process of building one now.

redneckgearhead34
09-10-2008, 03:54 PM
To: Hydrotinker

Sorry but your link doesnt work could your please try and repost it

hydrotinkerer
09-10-2008, 04:19 PM
To: Hydrotinker

Sorry but your link doesnt work could your please try and repost it

Sorry copied it wrong:

http://www.umpquaenergy.com/hydrogengenerator/tero_cell.pdf

redneckgearhead34
09-10-2008, 07:38 PM
I dont understand. Why doesnt he have something to resupply his water once it runs out? Id nothing is there I believe you will have to refill to often.

HomeGrown
09-10-2008, 08:38 PM
Very nice looking cell. I counted 21 plates, but the wiring he shows on the side view doesn't appear to coincide with his stated configuration of +NNNN-NNNN+NNNN-NNNN+

On the full-on side view, you are looking at the - connection wires (note the other pic, referencing the lower hose barb pointing towards the - side terminal). I'm not seeing that configuration supported at all here.

And yes, it's most definately overpriced.

HomeGrown
09-11-2008, 07:51 AM
Wow, that's an EXTREMELY high concentration of koh! Does that have anything to do with the serious overheating issue? I thought these dry cells were basically immune from overheating? Or at least that is what some sellers would have you to believe.

Seals shouldn't be an issue with these cells, if they are designed properly (including appropriate seal material and construction).

EdCaffreyMS
09-11-2008, 10:37 AM
The issue of leaks is foremost in my mind....I would think that the gasket material is going to have be something that withstands a lot of temp fluctuation, and is not going to become brittle from all the heat up/cool down cycles.

My thought was that since this design seems like it will circulate the fluid (as long as the tank is setup in such a way that its somewhat above the cell), and would provide cooler operation.

There is no way I would venture into a solution that has a concentration that high.....just asking for trouble.

After looking at the tero cell PDF, the electrical hook ups are no longer a mystery.... but my mind tells me that there has got to be a specific pattern to the holes through the plates.....just haven't gotten my head around that one yet.

cully
09-11-2008, 11:45 AM
Very nice looking cell. I counted 21 plates, but the wiring he shows on the side view doesn't appear to coincide with his stated configuration of +NNNN-NNNN+NNNN-NNNN+

i think if you look again at the connections it is connected as
+nnn-nnn+nnn-nnn+nnn- =21 plates 5 parallel cells
but he is selling as
+nnnn-nnnn+nnnn-nnnn+ =21 plates 4 parallel cells

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v159/cully/pic/drycell.jpg