PDA

View Full Version : How to C.Y.A. in the hho bussiness?

overtaker
09-09-2008, 05:57 PM
What are some of your recommendations for starting a hho business? How do you protect yourself from selling a good product to an idiot that will get hurt because of HIS ignorance? Should a corp. be started to protect personal assets? ( then you couldn't sell here :mad: ) How about the disclaimers? Do you limit your sales to one aspect of a complete set requiring the customers to purchase other necessary items elsewhere? Would you only sell in a kit form? Thanks in advance! :)

Riddler250
09-09-2008, 06:38 PM
Thats been a major thought in my mind lately overtaker. I would think that as long as you had customers sign a waiver outlining the possibilities of producing hho gas and properly demonstrtated how to operate said devices, im not too sure what legal recourse an individual would have. As for the products..... Sell what you want. start with one item then add as you devolpe them. i guess.

overtaker
09-09-2008, 09:47 PM
Anyone else? I'm all ears. :)

sp1r0
09-09-2008, 10:05 PM
Do it for yourself above all. And cherish your 2nd amendment. If you do it right, the business will follow. And that little tidbit is worth about 2c.

justaguy
09-09-2008, 10:28 PM
If you notice, most sellers on ebay have a disclaimer. Also, Mcdonalds have a sign now telling you their coffee is hot. :) With people now days you have to be careful of someone wants to sue you. If I sold them locally i,d have copies of waivers relieving me of any liability.

bigapple
09-10-2008, 12:54 AM
this would be just like buying a torch without the canister of butane. ur given a harmless piece of equipment until another component (butane) is added that makes it dangerous. the fault is in the hands of the user as long as a warning label is clearly provided of potential consequences of misuse (which can also be cancelled out using a formal contract or waiver)

as long as u provide the necessary information and ur design is reliable and doesnt fail (no arcing or shorting or explosions etc.) then go for it man. itd be a target market with todays prices of gas

BoyntonStu
09-10-2008, 06:53 AM
KIts, sell kits and you have not sold a product.

The customer makes the product.

Kit planes are a must for small manufacturers.

If you crash, you made it, you broke it.

my .02

BoyntonStu