PDA

View Full Version : Who is the guy that compresses Hydroxy?

BoyntonStu
09-07-2008, 08:34 AM
In the past few months, I saw a web site in which a guy claimed years of experience in compressing and storing Hydroxy.

Does this ring a bell?

I would like to visit the site again.

BoyntonStu

otrcomm
09-07-2008, 12:59 PM
You might be thinking of Mike Strizki at http://www.hopewellproject.org/pages/project.html

Here is a Youtube video about his home, that is completely off the grid with solar and hydrogen production, where it mentions that he compresses hydrogen for use in his car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEdQRVQtffw

and here is a video about his car:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt1uN38EcoQ&feature=related

Interesting guy, obviously with access to deep pockets.

BoyntonStu
09-07-2008, 01:58 PM
You might be thinking of Mike Strizki at http://www.hopewellproject.org/pages/project.html

Here is a Youtube video about his home, that is completely off the grid with solar and hydrogen production, where it mentions that he compresses hydrogen for use in his car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEdQRVQtffw

and here is a video about his car:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt1uN38EcoQ&feature=related

Interesting guy, obviously with access to deep pockets.

Thanks,

Actually, Mike Strizki is new to me.

The person that I saw was a 'shallow' pocket man.

I believe that he uses wind and solar to generate Hydroxy and he stores it compressed.

Mike Strizki compresses Hydrogen to 200 psi. He does not compress hydroxy.

He makes a big deal about how safe it is.

Thanks again and welcome to the group.

BoyntonStu

countryboy18
09-07-2008, 02:04 PM
is'nt compressed hydroxy very explosive? and hydrogen can excape throught almost any material so how is he able to store it for long periods of time?

BoyntonStu
09-07-2008, 02:08 PM
is'nt compressed hydroxy very explosive? and hydrogen can excape throught almost any material so how is he able to store it for long periods of time?

is'nt compressed hydroxy very explosive? Not according to the guy I am looking for.

hydrogen can excape throught almost any material so how is he able to store it for long periods of time?

Tanks of compressed hydrogen are commonly sold. No leak problems.

I hope that this helps,

BoyntonStu

Q-Hack!
09-07-2008, 02:34 PM
Actually all tanks have a problem with loss over time.

Here is a article that talks about tanks designed to store hydrogen for automotive use. The acceptable loss as of 2005 was 1g/hr for every 1Kg stored. (page 7)

http://www.eere.energy.gov/hydrogenandfuelcells/pdfs/comp_liq_h2_stor_work_proceedings.pdf

This of course doesn't mean that all tanks have that much loss, it just states what is acceptable.

BoyntonStu
09-07-2008, 02:37 PM
clarence1984

clarence1984 is on a distinguished road

Default alright i've had enough

O.k on the compression thing I personally test all my theories and I did mention I was going to burn the next person that cut down the compression thing. h2-0 it's not h2 o2 you are wrong there it's one atom of oxygen and two atoms of hydrogen. Also hydroxy is compressible to 415psig before self detonation. In my testing the propane canister got to 380~psig before self detonation of the hydroxy gas. You people who say don't compress it's to dangerous are MORONS!!! this is ridiculous people no wonder you pay pay checks into your car thinking that the hho electrolyzers are the key to changing the world. So for the guy who owns the 660cc bike do you want me to build you a system to running your bike off pure hho I can do that for you however i'm located in alaska and that maybe a smidge difficult. Have anyone of you "don't compress hho" people here watched the science episodes months ago about a man who stores the hho into several large propane pigs in his back yard which are filled by a electrolyzer and solar panels for electricity? He filled his neon with the gas just compressed everyday. The only danger at all with the hho is tank rupture. The tank would need to be carbon, plastic composite, or fiberglass any metal may spark in a collision. Also us steel devised an rupture proof tank years ago that could take a full impact from a train and not break open. This is possible guys. This is why I don't pay for petroleum fuel at all now. Not for electricity, heat, or propulsion. For less than 5k this can be done including wind turbines. You'll spend 5k in one year with your home electricity, propulsion and heating.

If he was talking about Mike Strizki, he also misread the article by confusing oxygen-free hydrogen with hydroxy.

What do you think?

BoyntonStu

1973dodger
09-07-2008, 03:12 PM
Boytonstu,

I believe he was told not to mention this subject anymore on this forum, for fear some less experienced might try it with disasterous results. The secret lies in compressing slowly while cooling the hho as it is being compressed. Under normal compression it will heat up expodentially and explode since the oxygen is already present. I believe he started his own website of; www.beawindhog.com or some version of that.

1973dodger

BoyntonStu
09-07-2008, 03:28 PM
Boytonstu,

I believe he was told not to mention this subject anymore on this forum, for fear some less experienced might try it with disasterous results. The secret lies in compressing slowly while cooling the hho as it is being compressed. Under normal compression it will heat up expodentially and explode since the oxygen is already present. I believe he started his own website of; www.beawindhog.com or some version of that.

1973dodger

Thanks,

You know sometimes when you remember something about a subject and you want to look at it again it becomes very frustrating when you cannot find it..

I was not trying to make a point or voice an opinion.

Thanks again.

BoyntonStu

Q-Hack!
09-07-2008, 04:23 PM
Something else to keep in mind... He doesn't say where he gets his first number of 415psig. Also, his own test exploded at 380psig, but it doesn't state at what altitude he conducted his test at. There is a lot of elevation change in Alaska and as such, different outside air pressure. (psig is a unit of pressure relative to the surrounding atmosphere.)

If one were to try this out, I would suggest no more that 80-90 psig at sea level. Make sure you use a non-metal compressor (or at least one that wont generate heat, sparks etc.) and keep your compressed gas bottle in a water bath during fill.

Working with compressed air for my paint ball gun scares the hell out of me... I am not sure I ready to attempt something that can level my entire house.

timetowinarace
09-07-2008, 06:18 PM
Yes he was here.

It's not that hard to seperate the hydrogen. Why store both?

JojoJaro
09-07-2008, 06:21 PM
Yes he was here.

It's not that hard to seperate the hydrogen. Why store both?

What easy technique do you know of that can be easily built to separate Hydrogen from the O2?

timetowinarace
09-08-2008, 12:08 PM
What easy technique do you know of that can be easily built to separate Hydrogen from the O2?

The simplest, passive method uses the weight of the atoms. In a container, the heavier O rests on the bottom, the lighter HH rises to the top.

Or you can use the size of the atoms and a membrane. The smaller H atoms pass through but the o is too big. A popular choice for small applications such as home storage. What and where to get the membrane, I don't know off the top of my head nor how available it is.

Or a method used by Zack West is electromagnets. He uses this method in an hho on demand system and only utilises the hh and vents the o. I've posted a link that discusses his system many, many times.

Disregarding the safety of storing hh and o, the o takes up more space inside a container than the hh. I don't see an advantage to storing it.

DaneDHorstead
09-08-2008, 12:54 PM
In the past few months, I saw a web site in which a guy claimed years of experience in compressing and storing Hydroxy.

Does this ring a bell?

I would like to visit the site again.

BoyntonStu
Stu;

Are you thinking of Roy McAllister?

He has a car that runs completely on compressed hydrogen, and he also runs a 5 Hp john deer engine on pure hydrogen, removing the gas tank, and forcing the tube into the carb.

I'll search for the links, and post them.

He purchased the rights to the 1919 book by P. L. Teed, and is now republishing it.

He and his partner, have many videos, showing the massive manufacture of hydrogen (producing cubic feet of hydrogen in litterally. seconds). This process however also produced carbon monoxide, at the same time, but he offers help to clean the carbon monoxides out of the hydrogen, as well.

go to youtube, and search: Roy McAllister

He has done about 20 total videos, however many of those links are now gone. (but somewhere, on my computer, I downloaded all of them)

I fortunately was warned that his videos were dissapearing, and to download them, while they were still available.

1973dodger
09-08-2008, 02:03 PM
Dane,

I believe the topic here really concerns compression and storage of hho not just hydrogen. With that said, I have seen many of Roy McCallister's vidieo's and I consider him a true pioneer in the hydrogen movement, I, for one would be very interested to see any videos you have stored, that may no longer be available on the internet.

1973dodger

DaneDHorstead
09-10-2008, 01:49 PM
Dodger;

I have misplaced the links, or may have moved then to one of my (all too many) wepgages.

It seems to me, that his hydrogen engineering videos (eight of them, I believe) were deleted either by the powers that be, or by youtube (which, I seriously doubt).

If I can find them, I will let you know.

I do want to mention one thing though...

Roy teaches that hydrogen has ten times the explosive power of gasoline. Others teach about three times the power of gas.

But, because gasoline does not completely burn, I wonder if that makes the difference?

Saleem145
10-28-2008, 03:39 PM
I read all the thread, and also watch the Mike's video.

Now the question is the compression of Hydrogen and Hydroxy are totaly two different things. As Hydrogen will not ignit without Oxy. Where as Hydroxy is a combination of both and can be ignitted by itself. Another thing is self detonation under high pressure condition.

So which is the safest way for Hydroxy ??

In my country CNG (Compressed Natural Gas) are used in cars. Its very common. In cars a CNG kit is installed, which regulates the gas. There is a Tank in trunk, and can be filled on CNG stations.

Now I dont like to pressurize Hydroxy up to that extant. Just to have small cylender filled with just 5 psi by a Cell like Bob Boyce of 101 plates cell.

Now instead of fooling Car Computer and installing enhenser ete. That CNG kit can be used. Than a car can be used on Gasoline or Hydroxy alone.

This what I like to try. But compression issue is important to discuss and to solve.

Any expert advise will be appreciable.

"A CANDLE LOSES NOTHING TO LIGHT ANOTHER CANDLE"

Painless
10-28-2008, 06:31 PM
I know that there is a certain psi that HHO can be safely compressed to, but I would suggest that the safest way would be to seperate the H and O and store just the H. You can reintroduce it to an air mix at combustion time.

H2OPWR
10-29-2008, 01:27 AM
I still beleive the people compressing it are seperating the hydrogen from the oxygen and storing only hydrogen. Without oxygen it is not explosive.

clarence1984
10-29-2008, 02:42 AM
I was banned from posting looks like they have lifted this. The moderators told me to stop posting. There is much you all need to learn. I will be finishing my patent work very soon on a 1200psi oxyhydrogen solid state compression with no moving parts. Also there are some things you need to know. Ions are what rips apart the bonds of h2o into h+ h and o You can never get h+ and h away from o completely. There will always be O in with the h. No process can 100 percent separate these. You can reduce the oxygen percentage but that is it.

hydrogen does leak out of a container. The cng tanks we use lose so little over time it doesn't matter to us.

oxyhydrogen needs 1038 degrees to ignite. You can compress oxyhydrogen as high as you want as long as you keep it from that self detonation temperature. Wait I have said to much come over to my website you have the link above beawindhog

I have also posted my true overunity idea for creating oxyhydrogen from water.

PM me if you become a member with any information you don't want on the site. I'm now getting atleast 1 donation a day which isn't much but we are now moving along with progress on the free fuel for life project. I have also purchased freemefromoil.com which will be up and running very soon were inventors can come and sign up for free to have there own board for discussion of there own alternative energy ideas.