PDA

View Full Version : shifting harder

precaster1@msn.com
09-04-2008, 12:38 AM
I just started playing with an enhancer. It seems to make the trans. shift harder, has anybody else had that happen?

precaster1@msn.com
09-04-2008, 04:13 PM
Anyone---?

florida horseman
09-04-2008, 08:34 PM
I don't know about shifting "harder" but my 4 speed auto upshifts into overdrive about 10 MPH sooner with the enhancer than without. Of course, at that point I'm on the HWY setting and not heavy into the throttle. All I can suggest is easy acceleration so you're not stressing the engine load at reduced fuel with the enhancer when you reach a shift point. Check your MPH with and without the enhancer and see if it's occuring earlier in enhanced mode. ~FH

Stevo
09-04-2008, 10:41 PM
Check ur motor mounts too. Sometimes we don't realize they are shot until you start messing with engine mods/enhancements.

Cadillac
09-05-2008, 01:25 AM
I just started playing with an enhancer. It seems to make the trans. shift harder, has anybody else had that happen?

At least on my car one of the only things the automatic transmission (via the TCM) feeds to the PCM is when it is about to shift so that the PCM can advance the timing. I could be that this area is creating a problem or exagerating a existing problem.