PDA

View Full Version : spob's F250 6.8L V10

spob
09-03-2008, 03:27 PM
Yep. Gas guzzler. Last tank that I just went through (took 4 weeks) averaged 11 mpg. This was without the electrolizer installed.

I installed a modified smacks type booster that uses about 3/4 of a gallon of distilled water with 1 table spoon of NaOH in it. Cold reading was 8 amps. Production is almost 1/2 lpm. After running to ASU Polytec and back to my house (46 miles round trip), the temperature on the abs housing was 118 degrees F. This is at 105 degrees ambient.

There is nothing scientific about my approach. I'm not trying to shoot for 1 or more lpm on gas production yet. I just want to see what the effects will be from a small amount being injected.

Here is a drawing of the layout of the cell.

redneckgearhead34
09-03-2008, 07:06 PM
What year model is your truck?

Riddler250
09-03-2008, 09:12 PM
Spob keep us posted on the results. I cant find many results for big engines. I have a 5.7 and from what Ive gathered on other sites is that you need almost a 1lpm per liter of engine. perhaps someone can verify? the smacks booster is where Im going to start, but the rest of the components for the efie I have planned will be here thursday, so the booster may have to wait.

spob
09-04-2008, 12:44 PM
What year model is your truck?

Its a 2001 and I have about 56,000 miles on it.

I usually don't drive it everyday and during the winter it is my tow vehicle out to the dunes. This means that leaning out the fuel mixture is not an option for me. I can't have any damage occur to my tow vehicle.

spob
09-10-2008, 12:29 PM
OK, put another 48 miles onto it. At this rate, I'll have some results within a month to a month and a half.

BTW, does anybody know what the long term affects are of leaving the system full of the NaOH electrolyte with the stainless plates? It generally sits idle for about a week at a time before I use it.