PDA

View Full Version : Bubbler and diesels

grytvikken
09-03-2008, 06:22 AM
Is a bubbler a neccesary safety item for a diesel engine, or just gasoline engines?

timetowinarace
09-03-2008, 11:41 AM
I don't use one.

Westcoastrocks
09-03-2008, 08:44 PM
that's a good question. Id say for sure its always good to have one. But with that said, its not as flammable as gas. In Oregon it is illegal to pump your own gas. But you can pump your own diesel, for that very reason.

hydrotinkerer
09-04-2008, 12:18 AM
I have one on my diesel because my truck and most diesels have some kind of preheater. Cummins have intake heaters/would light hho in a heartbeat. Winter is coming, covered my ????

grytvikken
09-05-2008, 12:03 AM
By pre heater do you mean glow plugs? im in Australia and terminology differs on a lot of things

hydrotinkerer
09-05-2008, 12:38 AM
Not all diesels have "glow plugs"
Some have intake heaters that heat incoming air
Some have glow plugs

All of them when they come on will light HHO gas-even glow plugs because when they light not all the valves are closed. This circulates air from cyl to intake. That's why most passenger vehicle diesels say NO starting fluid/ether.

dhho
09-05-2008, 09:31 AM
In my experience I have produced more power without bubbler but I use one because I think it takes out any caustic that is in vapour out of the electrolizer.I think that makes sense.
Regards,
Mos

1973dodger
09-05-2008, 11:50 AM
In my experience I have produced more power without bubbler but I use one because I think it takes out any caustic that is in vapour out of the electrolizer.I think that makes sense.
Regards,
Mos

I agree whole heartedly with dhho on this topic, but I also believe eventually the bubbler water, if not changed often, will become contaminated to a point the caustic element will be released in vapors to our engines. Which I might also add, would be bad news for those with aluminum heads and are using sodium hydroxide.

1973dodger

Smitty
06-03-2009, 01:48 AM
so would you try & put the hose into the engine somewhere AFTER the grid heater?? about the only other place on a 12v cummins would be where the boost guage fitting is near the intake manifold. I was questioning where to put the hose into the intake on a cummins for some time now........