PDA

View Full Version : Explosion Problems

redneckgearhead34
09-02-2008, 05:51 PM
Has anyone had any problems with back fires on a fuel injected motor? Also has anyone ad any problems with back fires on carberated motors?

I have had my fuel cell on my fuel injected Nissan 2.4L for about 600 miles and have had no problem with back fires. Not to mention the fact that I also have no safety features on mine.

hydrotinkerer
09-02-2008, 06:15 PM
Has anyone had any problems with back fires on a fuel injected motor? Also has anyone ad any problems with back fires on carberated motors?

I have had my fuel cell on my fuel injected Nissan 2.4L for about 600 miles and have had no problem with back fires. Not to mention the fact that I also have no safety features on mine.

No safety features? Thrill seeker? I have a bubbler on mine, never had a problem with backfire, but(always a but) after 2 months had a connection come loose and that caused a "backfire" Nothing happen because of bubbler and check valve. Tightened connection went on my way.

Smith03Jetta
09-03-2008, 08:41 AM
I've had no backfire problems. I'm not using blubbers on either of my units. Both are Fuel Injected vehicles.

redneckgearhead34
09-03-2008, 10:34 AM
I would definitly use a bubbler on a carberated motor. Especially on old chevy motors. They are know for backfiring.

Walt
09-03-2008, 10:58 AM
I blew my air intake box apart and misaligned my hood with an explosion. It was totaly MY FAULT. I had the cell hooked up to a manual swich and forgot to turn it off, when I attempted to start it POW!!! I would advise against that...LOL My bro in law thought it was funny, he saw it happen.

hydrotinkerer
09-03-2008, 11:47 PM
Most of the mishaps I know of were self inflicted, Including mine.

Fidell
09-04-2008, 06:20 PM
if you mean exhaust back fire, my 91 ford ranger pops like mad when coasting down hills in gear.(motor braking)
never happened before in installed the hho kit.

Boltazar
09-04-2008, 06:31 PM
Back firring when the engine is being pushed by the truck means the fuel mixture is to rich. You have a carb don't you?

hydrotinkerer
09-04-2008, 08:32 PM
if you mean exhaust back fire, my 91 ford ranger pops like mad when coasting down hills in gear.(motor braking)
never happened before in installed the hho kit.

It's a sign of possibly a rich condition and probably an exhaust leak. An exhaust backfire is the result of a hole somewhere pulling air into the exhaust. You may or may not hear a leak.

donsimpson12
09-04-2008, 08:57 PM
Back firring when the engine is being pushed by the truck means the fuel mixture is to rich. You have a carb don't you?

A Lean condition can cause this as well...
I race ATV's and more often than not, deceleration backfire is caused from a sudden lean condition putting a higher oxygen content in the exhaust..

He's talking about a backfire through the carb..