PDA

View Full Version : exposed water

Nat Hat
09-01-2008, 12:33 PM
I read about Mr. Smith's design and in that post plumbob said that it produced so much hydrogen it would burn your eyes. Has any one experimented with exposed surface area of the water electrolyte solution. If I'm not mistaken his box dimensions are something like 10" x 12" equaling 120" square exposed surface. In a four inch tube max surface is 12.56 if I remember corectly how to figure this. just a thought

Smith03Jetta
09-02-2008, 08:40 AM
I'm not sure where you are going with this but I can say that our designs do produce a bunch of gas and you don't want to stand too close to the container while it is putting out gas. It can cause short term respiratory distress.

I wear a fresh air respirator when I'm doing closeup work with the system producing. I built a fresh air respirator over a year ago when I was doing some painting. My fresh air system is built from an army surplus full-face gas mask, a long hose and an air pump used to inflate swim toys and air mattresses. Do not use any pump or compressor that uses an oiled motor. If you use an oiled motor the air being pumped into your lungs will be full of toxic oil vapor. You will die, drowning in your own lung fluids.