PDA

View Full Version : advantage of using pwm?

Nat Hat
08-31-2008, 08:39 PM
Just for kicks I would like to know asidses from getting hho pruduction without the heat, are there any advantages to the pwms. I see that many people just manage their voltage with neutral(dead) plates. so is the pwm really worth the loot? :confused:

Haywire Haywood
08-31-2008, 09:34 PM
From what I've read the past few days, the PWM allows you to control the amperage that is fed to your generator. You can control heat by adjusting the electrolyte levels or adding neutral plates but the disadvantage to that is that you have to adjust it for peak draw when your generator is warmed up. As a consequence of this, you are not generating at full potential when your generator is cold. If you adjust your electrolyte to put out when cold you will have amperage and heat problems when it warms up.

With a PWM, you can adjust for full draw and production with cold electrolyte and feather it back as it warms up. This way you have more stable HHO production.

Ian

HomeGrown
08-31-2008, 11:23 PM
I believe Haywire is right about that. Without a PWM, the cell draws however much current it requires to run wide-open. Sounds to me like a PWM allows you to control that draw. I'm really thinking of trying one, after initial tests of my cell to see how it behaves without one.

BTW Nat & Ian, where are you guys at?

Haywire Haywood
09-01-2008, 09:13 AM
I'm between Boonesboro and Richmond. Probably about 20 minutes from your front porch... :)

Ian

Nat Hat
09-01-2008, 10:17 AM
Central Kentucky the dullest place on earth!!! West of Elizabethtown. In Stephensburg. No I'm not offended if you don't where either of these holes in the walls are at.

Haywire Haywood
09-01-2008, 10:40 AM
You're south of Louisville then... lots to do up there. You think this is a dull place, try south central Georgia. That's where I grew up. They have the redneck olympics there!