PDA

View Full Version : Ford 4.0 or 4.6?

bigapple
08-31-2008, 03:03 AM
im currently running a cell in my 02 ford explorer 4.0L V6 (which is a terribly inefficient engine with gas)... the best mileage i EVER got with stock tires and completely stock components was 17.4, which for a V6 is horrible... so i made my gen and i was currently getting about 14-15 mpg with 32'' bridgestones, a cone air filter, and a flowmaster 40, both of which should aid in economy and they do... after installing a crappy design i had before, i did have an increase of 1 mpg which was alrite but i have a better cell now and i want everything to be set up right

i have a relay run to the generator with a switch in my glovebox for immediate on-off and another switch under the hood that runs to an ignition fuse that activates with the ignition switch turned... all of this is run thru 4 gauge wire on the side of the relay that goes to the generator all thru a 40 amp circuit breaker... as far as electrical goes, im set

im wondering the best place to inject the hydroxy... i know my vehicle has 4 oxy sensors but i saw a video on youtube with a guy who was pumping out 2 lpm and had it rite next to his oxy sensor and the readings didnt spike at all... i know with toyotas, emission systems get a little complicated but im guessing ford kept the 4 ones basic

i have my injection site rite before the throttle body (b-fly) with no bubbler or flash arrestor so i should be getting max flow... im expecting this tank to have results cuz my last one ran thru a can of sea foam and wasnt very economical but needed to be cleaned out... is this the best injection location on this? since the 4.6 is set up the same, i was wondering if anyone had done it with that one (02-current 24V V8 that is)... if anyone thinks i should switch to a vacuum tube, where is the easiest assessable one on this engine?

any help or possibly pointing me the rite way would be greatly appreciated... thanx