PDA

View Full Version : General intro

Haywire Haywood
08-29-2008, 11:23 PM
Newly registered tonight. 10 of us at work went in and bought the plan at www.runyourcaronwater.com. I've been fairly disappointed in it and the total lack of any kind of support from them. In trying to research some answers for myself, I found the exact same plan for free on the net at http://tomhoward.ws/hydro/preface.htm It's a good thing we went in together on it so we're only out $5 each.

I've been reading here this evening and it seems there's a plethora of information to be had. I'll be around asking questions when I can't find the answers in a search.

I intend on installing this in my '04 F150 with it's thirsty 15mpg 4.6L Triton IF I have enough confidence that I won't harm it and can get my generator perking along without the heat/amp problems I've been reading about.

later,
Ian

pj91gsx
08-29-2008, 11:31 PM
welcome, search smacks booster, its supposed to be the cheapest and most effective

DigitalMocking
08-29-2008, 11:35 PM
welcome, search smacks booster, its supposed to be the cheapest and most effective

I'd say read MrSmith03Jetta's threads, his reactor has no heat issues and doesn't need a PWM, much easier to build overall.

Just read and ask questions, that's the best way to get going.

JonDoh
08-30-2008, 12:17 AM
www.runyourcaronwater.com.

Yea.... that's prob the harder one to build. The cheapest is Water4Gas. It produces ok for beginners :) It last a lot longer than the PVC.

I'm currently using the Power Tube design but will prob be switching to the newest trend in HHO gen from Zerofossilfuel.

FuzzyTomCat
08-30-2008, 01:20 AM
Yea.... that's prob the harder one to build. The cheapest is Water4Gas. It produces ok for beginners :) It last a lot longer than the PVC.

I'm currently using the Power Tube design but will prob be switching to the newest trend in HHO gen from Zerofossilfuel.

Here is the "PDF" file for the Smack's booster, making "Ozzie Freedom's"
water 4 gas, gas 4 water, run your car on water all 26 of them are a waste of time and money.

http://www.free-energy-info.co.uk/Smack.pdf

Fuzzy

bigapple
08-30-2008, 02:09 AM
a few pointers for a starter

1. its good that ur staying away from the water4gas design. it mite be decent in production but heat from the SS wire is much worse cuz its impossible to put neutrals between wire. and using glass under ur hood isnt very safe IMO

2. add neutrals to ur cell to prevent any heat issues ahead of time. neutrals can either be separated by positives and negatives like in my setup (+NN--NN+) or they can be connected with a positive on one end and a neg on the other (+NNNN-)

3. stay away from baking soda. ull use too much, ull spend too much on it, ull have to replenish it everytime u refill, ull have to clean ur cell often, ull be spending alot on plates, ull be spending alot on baking soda because u have to use so much, and u will draw much more heat

4. use KOH or NaOH as an electrolyte for ur solution. its a true catalyst and will not be involved in the reaction. u may see a bit of brown scum on the first run but that is just all the left over stuff from inside the cell when it was assembled. if u use a lower grade stainless like 302 or 304, u mite have a bit more cell maintenence overtime when u have to refill ur electrolyte (maybe once every month or so)

5. make sure to measure how much electrolyte u use each time so u wont overheat and damage ur generator. most people use 1/2 to 1 tsp of KOH or NaOH in one gallon of distilled water. the more neutrals u have, the more electrolyte u can use because ur splitting up the voltage and current between each plate

6. make sure to use distilled water. mineral water, spring water, tap water, etc all have impurities and will contaminate ur cell and call for much more cell maintanence. distilled water is just straight up H20 (with a negligible amont of impurities)

hope all this helps. anymore questions, just ask the guys here. plenty of helpful guys on this site will be willing to share their thoughts and information

hydrotinkerer
08-30-2008, 01:38 PM

1. its good that ur staying away from the water4gas design. it mite be decent in production but heat from the SS wire is much worse cuz its impossible to put neutrals between wire. and using glass under ur hood isnt very safe IMO

2. add neutrals to ur cell to prevent any heat issues ahead of time. neutrals can either be separated by positives and negatives like in my setup (+NN--NN+) or they can be connected with a positive on one end and a neg on the other (+NNNN-)

3. stay away from baking soda. ull use too much, ull spend too much on it, ull have to replenish it everytime u refill, ull have to clean ur cell often, ull be spending alot on plates, ull be spending alot on baking soda because u have to use so much, and u will draw much more heat

4. use KOH or NaOH as an electrolyte for ur solution. its a true catalyst and will not be involved in the reaction. u may see a bit of brown scum on the first run but that is just all the left over stuff from inside the cell when it was assembled. if u use a lower grade stainless like 302 or 304, u mite have a bit more cell maintenence overtime when u have to refill ur electrolyte (maybe once every month or so)

5. make sure to measure how much electrolyte u use each time so u wont overheat and damage ur generator. most people use 1/2 to 1 tsp of KOH or NaOH in one gallon of distilled water. the more neutrals u have, the more electrolyte u can use because ur splitting up the voltage and current between each plate

6. make sure to use distilled water. mineral water, spring water, tap water, etc all have impurities and will contaminate ur cell and call for much more cell maintanence. distilled water is just straight up H20 (with a negligible amont of impurities)

hope all this helps. anymore questions, just ask the guys here. plenty of helpful guys on this site will be willing to share their thoughts and information

Read and learn like most of us grasshoppers do.

Haywire Haywood
08-30-2008, 01:53 PM
So you're not willing to help or share what you might know... "go figure it out for yourself" you say. I suppose there's one in every crowd. ;)

LOL,
Ian

FuzzyTomCat
08-30-2008, 02:13 PM

Great Advice for the Newbie looking to start a HHO unit, you never can learn enough when your starting out !

Fuzzy

Haywire Haywood
08-30-2008, 02:25 PM
Great Advice for the Newbie looking to start a HHO unit, you never can learn enough when your starting out !

Fuzzy

Yes, very helpful. Thanks for the direction and insight. All those that have been through the experimentation can help us that are just getting started.

I understand the frustration the veterans have though when new guys ask questions on things that were just discussed last week and are just a couple pages back on the forum. I will do my best to avoid it.

Ian

Edit: Perhaps the vets can assemble a FAQ to sticky at the top of the forum that covers all of the basic questions with links to recommended reading and the popular documents.

HHOhoper
08-30-2008, 06:52 PM
Don't worry. Ask away. That's what this here for. My advice is don't give up. There's a code to crack and it's just waiting to be cracked. You have to find what works for your car and your set-up, but there IS something that works, you just have to find it.

Painless
08-31-2008, 09:05 AM
I understand the frustration the veterans have though when new guys ask questions on things that were just discussed last week and are just a couple pages back on the forum. I will do my best to avoid it.

Ian

Edit: Perhaps the vets can assemble a FAQ to sticky at the top of the forum that covers all of the basic questions with links to recommended reading and the popular documents.

This was the reason that I created the wiki, which is open for everyone who wants to register to create / edit / or comment on documents. More active use of it would certainly give the newbies a great place to start and help people share information in a more readily available and easily searchable format. Forums are great for discussion, but searching through them to find a piece of information is a tedious process.

Haywire Haywood
08-31-2008, 09:35 AM
I think if you put all that information here locally in a sticky and then managed the thread to keep it cleaned up of posts that are mere commentary so that it's easy to read that it would be added to and read more. Good job though, I already picked up a thing or two from there in the few minutes I browsed it.

Ian

Riddler250
09-01-2008, 02:04 PM
Ive been reading this forum for about a week now, and finally joined today. I am looking for any info on hho in a 5.7 litre v8. Has anyone tried this? Im wondering how much output i need from a smacks booster to make a difference. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Smith03Jetta
09-02-2008, 08:59 AM
The problem from a Smacks Booster will be heat. First of all they get Hot. The second problem is that they are mad of PVC which will get soft from that same heat..

timetowinarace
09-02-2008, 10:35 AM
The best one stop source of information is here: http://www.free-energy-info.co.uk/Chapt10.html for begining and advanced HHO production for vehicle use.

Youtube is the worst source.

This forum is okay but there are allot of misconceptions presented here as HHO 'truths' that one must wade through. Neutral plates as a must is one of them. They have their place but there are better methods if they can be used for the purpose intended.

If your main point of interest in HHO production is getting better MPG's without spending allot of money to do it, my first piece of advice is to not produce a bunch of HHO at first. Choose a good booster, build it, find the maximum output it will produce, reduce amp draw to about half, install in vehicle and drive. Monitor mpg's and increase amp draw on the booster untill mpg's drop. Then decrease amps to the last favorable setting.

Riddler250
09-02-2008, 09:22 PM
I'm really gathering a lot of what I think is useful information from this site. from what i gather, the smacks booster is one of the most efficient boosters that isnt promising an outrageous gain in mpg. I think that is why I am so attracted to it as a noob.