PDA

View Full Version : Anybody build an HHO system for the Powerstroke diesel yet?

Greenvans
08-27-2008, 04:16 PM
I'm fairly new to the site, but I've been doing a good amount of research on HHO. I have two Ford E350 PowerStroke Diesels that run on Waste Vegetable Oil. I'm always interested in new alt fuel technologies and I haven't been able to stop thinking about this for weeks. Has anybody built and tested a system for the PSD yet?

Andy

smartHHO
08-27-2008, 06:37 PM
I'm fairly new to the site, but I've been doing a good amount of research on HHO. I have two Ford E350 PowerStroke Diesels that run on Waste Vegetable Oil. I'm always interested in new alt fuel technologies and I haven't been able to stop thinking about this for weeks. Has anybody built and tested a system for the PSD yet?

Andy

Unfortunately, I have not seen too much diesel info on the site. We have but a few that are running HHO on their Diesels. I am sure that someone might post a response here when they see it. Don't think any are on right now.

bobcampbell
08-27-2008, 09:07 PM
I have a cummins diesel and I have tryed everything I can think of but it ruins my MPG. I've heard sucsess stories and wish you the best. I hope you will let me know if you discover something that works. There's not much you can do to a diesel. Just put it in the air cleaner and hope for the best but I tried increasing and decreasing the HHO but the MPG have actually gotten worse with every test.

Bob Campbell
http://www.youtube.com/user/HHO4gas

hydropower KY
08-27-2008, 09:10 PM
Yep! 03 F350 4door.Went from 17 to 24. I will tell you right now(the powerstrokes r a booger) Took me 4 weeks to get the bugs out but finally see the results.

hydrotinkerer
08-27-2008, 09:36 PM
I have a 98 Dodge cummins diesel, went from 19mpg to 23mpg on 700ml pm.

computerclinic
08-27-2008, 10:11 PM
The HHO will improve the burn of gas as well as diesel....older engines are much easier to work with simply because there a few sensors to "fool"...The computer in your vehicle is attempting to compensate for the HHO being introduced to the fuel/air mixture....

Look around the boards here...dont give up yet...the answer is here----somewhere...

JojoJaro
08-27-2008, 10:59 PM
As far as I know, diesels do not compensate for o2 concentration. This is true for Common Rail designs like the late model Duramax, Cummins and Powerstrokes.

I suspect that the reason why HHO does not work too well on late model diesels (common rail design) is because of the pilot injection. I believe the pilot injection is combusting all the HHO before it can modify the burn characteristics of the main injection.

Some people believe it is just a matter of volume. I doubt that is true, because if it were just a matter of volume, we should at least see some minor gains for low HHO volumes. Then this should improve as we inject more and more HHO. However, many people are not seeing gains so I think the problem is more fundamental than just HHO volume.

computerclinic
08-28-2008, 02:43 PM
So then the pilot is burning off the HHO before it even gets a chance to burn with the fuel?

P.S. VEGGIE FUEL ROCKS!!!--Looking into algae as well!!!

webeopelas
08-28-2008, 03:26 PM
The new Dodge 6.7 has a whole bunch more sensors than the old 5.9L. It now uses a MAF and an IAT on the intake. I would bet there could be an o2 sensor somewhere that is preventing your gains.

Greenvans
08-28-2008, 07:07 PM
Hydropower,
We should chat. Did you build your own system? Care to share details or is this one gonna be your secret haha? There's no doubt that the powerstroke is a tough engine to mod, especially with the tiny amount of space available under the hoods of my vans.

hydropower KY
08-28-2008, 07:37 PM
How can have an o2 sensor on a diesel? I was under the impression that a diesel would be to dirty for an o2 sensor to read.

pj91gsx
08-29-2008, 10:52 PM
try deisel secret. I heard of it but do you have to get 150 gallons of greese, since it calls for 150 gallons at a time?