PDA

View Full Version : Solar Panels!

redneckgearhead34
08-27-2008, 12:47 PM
I had this idea pop in my head today when I was sitting in my small business class. I have not researched this idea to see that all the parts would be available for it. But all I know is that it would cover up the horrible rust spots on my roof that i primered over.

Ok here it is. SOLAR PANELS! Put solar panels on the top of you roof of you vehicle. This would supplument the power draw from your alternator from you HHO device.

Also if you have a pickup truck, we could use a type of role out tonneau cover/ solar panel. This would still allow is to have the full benefits of owning a pickup truck.

Farmercal
08-27-2008, 02:49 PM
Have you priced solar panels lately? You can get one for $106 that produces 5W. If you only need 20W to power the generator you would have to shell out over $400.

redneckgearhead34
08-27-2008, 05:01 PM
I know it wouldnt power the entire generator, just help supply some of it. That way less stress on you alternator and less fuel burnt creating it. If i could find one for free I might try it but that will be hard

computerclinic
08-27-2008, 05:12 PM
The idea has been kicked around the boards here a good bit and so far the solar panel idea seems to have a good application in cold weather...Used while at work, you can run current into the plates to keep the genny above freezing...It also agitates the water enough to prevent freezing over, too. ( ever see a moving stream freeze solid?)

Its far to expensive in terms of money AND space to be a viable energy source for the genny in full time usage. Another good idea for them is to have a reserve battery that is charged by the panel...but so far, I havent seen a panel that can assist the genny, nor power it all together....

I am VERY interested in solar, if anyone has good viable ideas in this usage with hho, please keep them comming!