PDA

View Full Version : Pulse Width Modulator ?

Butch
08-27-2008, 11:10 AM
what does the PWM do for/to the HHO Gen ?

from what I have read it produces square wave forms,
as a 40 year Musician I know about square wave & have Some
efx Peddels that can make square wave forms out of the
tone I send to it..

does the PWM just make a (square wave tone) that is sent
to the HHO Gen to make a Vibration for some reason.

if so what is the reason ?

volomike
08-27-2008, 12:57 PM
It pulses an amperage to the electrolyzer. It was found that it only takes just a couple amps (sometimes less in certain configurations) to make HHO, and everything else is just excess amperage that produces overheating. For instance, if you go direct from battery to your electrolode, and use too much lye, your wiring could short out and the electrolode could get super hot -- as much as 200 degrees according to my tests.

But if you introduce a PWM, you can pulse an amperage at like 5 amps down to 2, or 2 amps down to 0 (whatever you're looking for, depending on model), and you can produce all the HHO you need without having the overheating problems.

Some have gotten down to like 0.5 to 0.8 amps on YouTube with a PWM.

Drawing less amps is also a target goal because it puts less drain on the alternator, and that means even more fuel economy.

Butch
08-27-2008, 01:07 PM
what is the price range for one ?
and
could an old voltage regulator work ?

volomike
08-27-2008, 01:26 PM
That's the big question. You see, I did research to learn about these, and believe now I need to get one and hook it up. But there are many options out there in these things. For instance...

- you might want to control the delay between dips or the delay between peaks

- you might want to control how far down the dips go, or how high the peaks

- you might want it to have graduated peaks and dips instead of square forms

The way I think the cheap $30 PWMs work on eBay is probably by just letting you control the peak amperage, and everything else is hard-coded -- but that's a guess. The more expensive PWMs give you more dials to control these other factors.

Another thing to think about is that you might want a lighted dial for inside your vehicle so that you can know what's going on with the various controls. That drives the cost up even more.

Oh, and one very critical thing to note is that some of these come as kits, not fully-made units, and require soldering and some electrical knowledge, while others are completely built and just require you to connect the wires.

HHO King
09-26-2008, 06:43 PM
Extreme HHO has adjustable frequency pwm's completely assembled with the gauge and fan.

The link is http://www.extremehho.com