PDA

View Full Version : overwhelmed newbie

blueboxfj60
08-26-2008, 06:46 PM
i recently stumbled on too HHO generators though a mention in one of my college classes.

I have searched the net and have found tons of info. Some seem to be scams some seem legit others just way to complicated.

I have a 83 Toyota land cruiser(carbureted engine)form what i can sort out this is good because i will not need to mess with any electronics.

I would like to install one on my Toyota to increase gas mileage so i can enjoy/afford driving it more (avg mpg 12)

I have found plans and i have found pre-built. price raging from $50 to thousands. What is the typical cost of a home made and what is the best way to go if purchasing a pre-built.

Can some body please clear the fog or point me in the right direction!!! There is so much info i am at a lost to know what is truth, myth or a scam.

Kyle

Huntsville, TX

computerclinic
08-26-2008, 07:04 PM
Well Blue,
The best thing is to look around the boards here and get really familiar with whats involved and the variables that go with the options...

Next is to figure out how you want to approach your experiment (DIY or ready made)...

I think you will find that do it yourself can be a lot more fun and will likely be less expensive, but it will take up more time to do and also may require you to borrow or buy tools you may not already have. (Stainless Steel is a tough metal to work with in some ways)...

On the other hand, if you look close enough around the boards here, you will also find a few very smart and reputable folks with good skills in crafting ready made generators for a fair price.

The biggest things to consider is space available in your vehicle, time and tools...

Above all, remember Safe + Common Sense = Happy