PDA

View Full Version : Audio amplifier and HHO cell

Mindcrime13
08-25-2008, 11:43 PM
are any of you guys running a cell with audio gear in your car? does it work well, does it interfere with the cell?

what risk can there be running a HHO cell and car audio gear,

for example i only have a 300w amplifier to a 12" sub, can this affect anyway the hho system, or the electrical system of my car?

Butch
08-25-2008, 11:58 PM
to much vibration can hurt anything

but if you get the right harmonic frequencies you can vibrate the bubbles lose. :cool:

Westcoastrocks
08-26-2008, 12:16 AM
are any of you guys running a cell with audio gear in your car? does it work well, does it interfere with the cell?

for example i only have a 300w amplifier to a 12" sub, can this affect anyway the hho system, or the electrical system of my car?

The only thing i would worry about is drawing too much power

godoveryou
08-26-2008, 12:58 AM
Car audio is a waste of time IMHO. None of the spaces are correct for proper clean sound. Anyways, total power draw and weight are two concerns I would have. Unless you are running some serious power, vibration isn't a concern to me as your drivetrain should create plenty on it's own.

BoyntonStu
08-26-2008, 08:39 AM

Mindcrime13.

Mindcrime13.

Mindcrime13. Mindcrime13. Mindcrime13

BoyntonStu

Cut your 300 Watts to 3 Watts and save your hearing. No fooling. It ain't worth it. I know from experience.

sm0kin
08-26-2008, 11:59 AM
I would sell my truck and buy a vw before giving up my sound system. Mindcrime13 there are alot of disadvantages to just having the audio system in your car, space, wieght, theft. Current draw is/can be high. current draw from an amp can tax your electrical system add to that current draw from the hho cell and you may wind up draining your battery and be stranded. turn your gain down and use a pwm and just keep track of your battery voltage.

BoyntonStu
08-26-2008, 02:21 PM
I would sell my truck and buy a vw before giving up my sound system. Mindcrime13 there are alot of disadvantages to just having the audio system in your car, space, wieght, theft. Current draw is/can be high. current draw from an amp can tax your electrical system add to that current draw from the hho cell and you may wind up draining your battery and be stranded. turn your gain down and use a pwm and just keep track of your battery voltage.

"I would sell my truck and buy a vw before giving up my sound "

"I would sell my truck and buy a vw before giving up my hearing?

I would sell my truck and buy a vw before not giving up my hearing?

I love my sound system more than love my hearing?

BoyntonStu

godoveryou
08-26-2008, 02:57 PM
Well, at least he would buy a VW, lol.

Mindcrime13
08-26-2008, 03:56 PM
thanks for all of your response, i am worried in the drawing to much power part, i have 1 amplifier just for the bass, i love how it kicks, its defenetly worth it, i don listen to music, very loud, but i like the EQ to be really clear, thats why i have the sub.

anyway, so i could have like 2 amp meters, one for the cell, and one for the battery? whats the maximun i can draw before getting stranded? i want to install my cell, but also keep the bass

thanks!

godoveryou
08-26-2008, 04:01 PM
Depends on the output capacity of your alternator.

Mindcrime13
08-26-2008, 04:14 PM
the alternator in my car produce 130 amps

godoveryou
08-26-2008, 04:16 PM
Depending on what other equipment you have on your car (lighting?), and how much your amp draws, you might be able to sneak away with a unit that draws 20-30 amps. Your Alt is a little larger than normal.

Mindcrime13
08-26-2008, 04:25 PM
i see, thanks, currently the only external thing is the amp, besides that everything is stock. im gonna try, i know i can buy a 200 amp alt for my car, so if it fails i can try that.