PDA

View Full Version : Corolla results :)

plumabob
08-25-2008, 04:32 PM
1997 1.6 liter engine 3 speed automatic tranny( wish I had that 4th gear) 293 mile trip 65-70 MPH with AC on 100% of the time. Half flat roads half hills. Also includes about 1 hour of stop and go traffic as well as about 80 miles of local driving. Net result was 38+MPG. The only time I ever came close to this was 36.8 MPG doing 55MPH on flat terrain. I'm certain I would crack 40MPG at 55 and no traffic! I have an EFIE installed and MAP sensor enhancer. HHO at 1 LPM at 20 amps. My Pelican case has held up perfectly with no issues. I'm figuring on about a 25-30% increase in MPG conservatively. The EFIE is a MUST for these results, on my car anyway. Finally some progress!!!! :D :D :D

mario brito
08-25-2008, 04:35 PM
Excelent !!!!! :)

And some said that it could not work.. pfff... :D

hydrotinkerer
08-25-2008, 07:18 PM
what is your efie set at? Also what kind of gen. are you running?

plumabob
08-26-2008, 04:58 AM
I have my EFIE set at .370 and it's not throwing any codes yet. Here's a pic of my setup. I'm using pure powered Lye. Mileage actually improved when I turned my MAP enhancer way back down. My current tank I have it turned back to normal to see if it makes a difference. It would be nice to drive the car without fiddling with the knobs.

Farmercal
08-26-2008, 07:31 AM
Wow and I thought a Toyota was economical. I have a 1998 Mitisubishi Mirage with 1.5L engine. I run 70 MPH 30 miles one way to work with AC (most of the time). I regularly get 38 to 42 MPG combined gas mileage without HHO. I wonder what I will get with HHO? I also know my car is running lean on it's own and can't figure out why. Guess I won't need an EFIE.

plumabob
08-26-2008, 05:45 PM
Sooooo What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ridelong
08-26-2008, 06:20 PM
plumabob,

Congratulations, nice work!

You should post it on the TESTIMONIALS thread.

hydrotinkerer
08-26-2008, 08:57 PM
Cool setup, Great work.

Farmercal
08-27-2008, 10:51 AM
Sooooo What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
plumabob, I wasn't dogging you or your improvement at all. I am glad you have improved gas mileage, Bravo! I hope when you get an EFIE you get even better MPG.

I was just amazed that a Toyota as new as yours (my last one was a 1982 Corrolla), didn't get better MPG. I was getting between 30-35 (I can't remember exactly) between 1982-1997 on that car before a pickup pulled out in front of me an detroyed the best car I ever owned.

My current car (Mirage) has a problem of running lean. It's been like that for two years and I can't get it to run properly. I am hoping hydroxy will put some pep back into her and save gas at the same time. That's why the comment about the EFIE. I just wish I knew why it was running lean NOW.

Sorry if you misunderstood my comment, it was not meant to affend.

Cal

plumabob
08-27-2008, 04:02 PM
Hey Farmercal no problem. Appreciate you coming back to clear things up. My Corolla with its 3 speed auto is only rated at maybe 32 MPG highway. 5speed will get you more. I do have an EFIE as I stated in my initial post. I thought my mileage for all the hard driving was pretty good. Just wanted to share with all. I have not seen anybody else with a 94-97 Corolla use HHO so it's a learning process. Hoping to improve mpg's some as I zero in my adjustments.

Bob

smartHHO
08-27-2008, 06:39 PM
I have my EFIE set at .370 and it's not throwing any codes yet. Here's a pic of my setup. I'm using pure powered Lye. Mileage actually improved when I turned my MAP enhancer way back down. My current tank I have it turned back to normal to see if it makes a difference. It would be nice to drive the car without fiddling with the knobs.

I remember that design. Looked definitely different. So you getting good results, that is good. Keep it up. Always like to see new ideas floating around and see if they work out.

FreeingFuelTogether
08-29-2008, 06:01 AM
plumabob:

I must say, you have done an excellent job. The install looks nice and clean. You are one of the few that are getting your hands dirty and getting results and posting them. I applaud you.

Can you tell me what kind of MAP sensor you are using? Where did you get it? Also, are you saying you basically turned it off? Do you think it is worth having?

Also, I read somewhere online (I wish I kept a link) that sometimes less HHO is more, and that is why the mass sale models seem a bit dinky in HHO production. This insures at least some gain in all engine sizes. How did you come up with 20Amps for HHO generation? I believe the source I read said 10Amps was a good starting point. (It should also tax your alternator less) Your thoughts?

Again, well done.

plumabob
08-29-2008, 06:45 AM
Thanks for the kind words Free! I made my own MAP sensor from plans that were posted on this forum. I am still experimenting as to what setup is best. I threw a O2 code recently so I'm trying to zero in that first. 20 amps is not a problem. When I fill my case I test it with a battery charger that puts out 12 volts before I install it in my car. My corolla pumps out 14 volts while running so that and once it heats up a bit gives me my 20 Amps. At 20 amps I'm producing 1LPM. Testing is on going, Not really sure where I will end up.

FreeingFuelTogether
08-30-2008, 09:06 AM
Below is the link I was referring to about too much hho production. I would encourage everyone to read through the whole thread, then make your own decisions with what you've experienced.

http://www.fuel-saver.org/Forum/showthread.php?tid=291