PDA

View Full Version : Webinars

GOplayer
08-25-2008, 12:13 PM
There are people among us who are in possession of advanced knowledge about HOD Generators. These people when given the opportunity to speak up, show and tell the rest of us what they know, would help the majority of us to stay focused and make progress on our own effort to build HOD Generators.
I would like to propose a weekly Webinar to create this forum for those who truly have something to say! Do it here or elsewhere like The Orion Project is up to someone to come forward and organize the communication platform. I have some (limited) experience in setting up such forums so if nobody steps forward to do it, I will. However I do hope that the admin of this HHO Forum can do it, or some other more qualified person. For the rest of the question is: Do you see yourself participating in an organized Webinar where your questions can be addressed for the benefit of all people concerned?
Z
PS: The first task on hand is to identify key questions
The second priority is to identify the “experts” and invite them to be presenters.
Third step is to organize a Webinar where Video, Audio and conference call features are all combined to connect us for the duration of group presentations.

godoveryou
08-25-2008, 12:27 PM
I see this being a problematic task, but I wish you the best of luck. :)

Dewayne
08-25-2008, 01:14 PM
There is an option on this forum called "Flashchat" located in the top option bar

The easiest way would be to set a day and time for everyone to meet in the chat room and
discuss all their questions.

computerclinic
08-25-2008, 07:01 PM
We are currently trying to get chat session(s) started. If there is enough participation, we intend to organize a bit more and get the webinar thing going. Right now, the biggest hang up is time.

All of us are in different time zones, plus work sched. and many other things are making it a bit tricky to work out, but believe me when I say that we are working the challenge and we are certainly open to suggestions!

Exchanging information is the easy part. Open source software, scripts, and additional web space can be arranged, but its the participation, demand, and timing that is the hardest part.

Members are encouraged to spread the word about the site AND the chat event(s). If there are any questions, suggestions, or if you would like to be a "key" member involved in the sessions, please drop me or any of the other moderators a PM and we will talk more.

Thanks in advance folks!

Painless
08-25-2008, 10:36 PM
Exchanging information is the easy part. Open source software, scripts, and additional web space can be arranged, but its the participation, demand, and timing that is the hardest part

(SHAMELESS PLUG) And don't forget the excellent wiki at http://www.hhoknowhow.info/wiki/! (/SHAMELESS PLUG)